Health Care Just for Kids
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Fleming Island extends Nemours specialty pediatric care to children and teens in Clay County. This satellite children's clinic, located on the Baptist Clay Medical Center campus, makes it more convenient to receive follow-up and ongoing care from many of the same specialists your child sees at our Nemours Children’s Specialty Care locations in Jacksonville.
Our pediatric teams work together with your child’s pediatrician or family care provider, pediatric specialists, researchers throughout Nemours and our partners at Wolfson Children’s Hospital to achieve the very best outcome for your child.
One of our most important partnerships is with you — because we believe in family-centered care. That means we value your input and welcome your questions so that, together, we can help your child grow up healthy.
Highlights of Our Specialty Care
- onsite medical imaging and a wide range of pediatric specialty services
- pediatric specialists selected “Best Doctors in America®,” year after year
- in partnership with Wolfson Children’s Hospital, University of Florida College of Medicine-Jacksonville and Mayo Clinic Florida, our pediatric neurology program was named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report in 2014–2015
A Network of Pediatric Specialty Care
Our children's clinic is part of Nemours' multi-specialty group practice that provides pediatric care for children and adolescents with chronic or complex medical conditions in Florida, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. At Nemours, we take a whole-child approach to children’s health care — treating your whole child (not just the condition) and advancing life-changing research, prevention and education.
Northeast Florida Clinics and Hospital Partners
Here in Northeast Florida, our children's clinic in Fleming Island is part of a local network for family-centered pediatric specialty care. Our other clinics are conveniently located in downtown Jacksonville and Jacksonville South. We also partner with Wolfson Children’s Hospital by providing specialty pediatric care, including inpatient hospital care, Emergency Department consultations and surgical consultations.
Find out more:
- Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville
- Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Jacksonville South
- Wolfson Children’s Hospital
We also have academic affiliations with the world-renowned Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, and the University of Florida College of Medicine — Jacksonville, helping to train the next generation of pediatric physicians through the pediatric residency programs.
Making an Appointment
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Fleming Island, sees patients who are referred to us by primary care family physicians, primary care pediatricians and referring specialists.
With a referral, you can make an appointment with us in different ways:
- call us directly
- ask your physician to call us
- have your physician to send an electronic referral (eReferral),
and we’ll call you
When you call to make your appointment, we’ll first pre-register your child, collecting information such as:
- your child’s name and address
- date of birth
- parent phone numbers (home and cell)
- primary care physician/referring physician contact information (if needed)
- pharmacy preference and phone number
- insurance information (including Medicaid or other assistance programs)
At Your Appointment
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we have plenty of time to register your child in our system.
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
Bring these forms for your first appointment:
New Patient Forms
Returning Patient Forms
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Plan Your Visit
Be prepared for your next visit with us. Learn what to expect and what questions to ask when you're at pediatric specialty appointment.
If your child needs to be seen at our partner, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, here’s some helpful information:
Medical Services at Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Fleming Island
At Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Fleming Island, you can count on our pediatric specialists, nurses and staff for family-centered care in a wide range of specialties, including:
We also offer services in:
- Speech & Language Therapy