Get in touch with the right contacts for all of our services.
Nemours duPont Pediatrics Dedicates New Location in Voorhees
Pediatric Specialty Care Closer to Home for South Jersey
Patients, families and staff gathered to dedicate the new Nemours duPont Pediatrics location in Voorhees
More than 100 people joined Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children CEO Dr. Kevin B. Churchwell on May 22, 2013 to formally dedicate the new Nemours duPont Pediatrics practice on Laurel Oak Road in Voorhees. While Nemours has operated a satellite office in Voorhees for more than a decade, the opening of this new location expands the services available to South Jersey families beyond those previously offered to include outpatient therapy services, medical imaging and additional pediatric specialty services like developmental pediatrics, audiology and ear/nose/throat.
Attendees included patients, families, staff and special guests including New Jersey State Assemblywoman Pamela Lampitt and Voorhees Mayor Michael Mignogna. Assemblywoman Lampitt shared a joint resolution from the House and Senate celebrating the opening of the new location and thanking Nemours for its work caring for the children of South Jersey. A highlight of the evening was Katherine Jones sharing the story of her 2½- year-old daughter Abigail, who was born with a ventricular septic defect and underwent open heart surgery at Nemours duPont Hospital for Children in 2012. In the months following her surgery Abigail continued to receive follow-up care from Nemours, and was recently given a clean bill of health by her doctors.
- Nemours duPont Pediatrics is part of Nemours' multi-specialty group practice that provides pediatric care for children and adolescents with chronic or complex medical conditions at more than 20 locations throughout the Delaware Valley.
- The new location of Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Voorhees is 443 Laurel Oak Road, 2nd floor, Voorhees, NJ 08043.
- Nemours has provided care in Voorhees for many years, but with this new, larger and more modern facility Nemours can offer more services and serve more families in South Jersey than ever before.
- Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Voorhees, offers clinical specialists in a number of clinical areas, including:
- Developmental Pediatrics
- ENT (Otolaryngology)
- General Surgery
- Medical Imaging
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- The new location includes a therapy gym and dedicated rooms for providing on-site occupational, physical, speech/language and feeding therapies — a first for Nemours in New Jersey. Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Voorhees, is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Information regarding scheduling an appointment can be obtained by calling (856) 309-8508 or visiting www.nemours.org/voorhees.
"We know how important it is to have easy access to expert care, and we couldn't be more excited about expanding our services for patients and families in South Jersey, many of whom have been making multiple trips to Wilmington, DE, each week to receive care at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. In the words of one mother, 'It gives our family more time, and we can get the same world-class care we’ve been getting — but without the long drives twice a week.' "
— Kevin B. Churchwell, M.D.
CEO, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
"We have created a nurturing, supportive and positive environment for our patients and families within their community and we continue to fulfill more completely our mission of exceptional care closer to home."
— Kimberly S. Pierson, OTR/L
Director, Outpatient Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Services
"As we dedicate Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Voorhees, it is our hope that by working together we can help children grow up healthy and reach their full potential."
— Harrison Williams, age 15
Patient, Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Voorhees