Coming to a hospital or clinic can be overwhelming for a child — and challenging for a parent or caregiver. Because Nemours is focused 100% on treating children, we’ve designed our spaces and our care with the needs of children and families in mind.
We do all we can to make your family comfortable and your visit as convenient as possible by providing things like:
- furniture designed for kids
- kid-friendly play areas
- streamlined check-in
- well-child waiting areas
- art therapy and pet therapy programs
- onsite pharmacy services
Our pediatric doctors, nurses, health professionals, and imaging technicians are very good at putting children at ease and taking time to answer every question. Our experienced and dedicated child life specialists are able to help kids forget about their condition for a little while and just enjoy being a kid.
How Pediatric Care Differs from Adult Care
Children aren’t small adults — infants are fragile and need specialized care and extra attention. Children and teens are constantly growing and changing, so it’s important to bring your child to a pediatric clinic or hospital with the training and resources to address the unique developmental needs of children.
More reasons to bring your kid to a children’s clinic or hospital:
- A child can go from being a little sick to very sick rapidly. Having experienced pediatric team members who recognize warning signs and can act quickly is crucial in medical treatment for a child.
- Children come in all sizes. A children’s hospital is equipped with appropriate and right-sized equipment to accommodate all ages, weights, and sizes of children.
- Children have special anesthesia needs. A pediatric anesthesiologist is trained to know the different equipment, dosages, and techniques needed for children.
- A child may not always be able to tell you what’s wrong. A highly trained pediatric care team has the diagnostic and communication skills to get to the heart of a child’s problem.
Hospitals Designed By Families, for Families
We asked for feedback from parents and children on our Family Advisory Councils early in the design stages and all along the way as we planned for our hospital in Orlando, Florida, Nemours Children’s Hospital, and the expansion of Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
Nemours Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Expansion
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is adding a five-story expansion to enhance our quality of care for our patients and families.
Nemours Children's Hospital Preview Center
Our 95-bed Nemours Children's Hospital, in Lake Nona's Medical City, will be part of a 60-acre, fully integrated health campus.