Get in touch with the right contacts for all of our services.
The Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children has again been recognized among the “Most Wired” hospitals and health systems in the U.S. for 2012 by Hospitals and Health Networks® magazine. Being named to the annual Most Wired list is a coveted distinction that recognizes a hospital’s meaningful use of health information technology. This is the second year in a row the duPont Hospital for Children has been recognized with this award.
- 1,570 hospitals were represented in the 2012 survey, or approximately 27% of all hospitals nationwide
- 154 hospitals were awarded “Most Wired” status
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children was the only Delaware hospital and the only Delaware Valley children’s hospital to win
- Hospitals & Health Networks® is the flagship publication of the American Hospital Association. This is the 14th year Hospitals & Health Networks® has named the “Most Wired” Hospitals and Health Systems
- Judging criteria looked at progress in adoption, implementation and use of information technology in the four areas of infrastructure, business management, clinical quality and safety, and care continuum.
- Nemours was previously recognized for its use of information technology. In 2011 the Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Analytics awarded Nemours its Stage 7 award, the highest level of attainment in adopting electronic medical records. Only about 1% of the nation’s 5,000 hospitals share this distinction.
- Examples of information technology platforms in place at the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children include:
- NemoursOne is a fully integrated electronic medical record system that enables all patient data to be captured, monitored and used to continuously improve the health of children in our care and beyond.
- MyNemours, is a confidential, easy-to-use, Internet-based tool that gives parents and legal guardians secure electronic access to select portions of their child’s medical records.
- NemoursLink connects community-based physicians to their Nemours patients’ electronic health record.
- In 2012 Nemours/Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children joined the Delaware Health Information Network (DHIN), strengthening Delaware’s standing as a leader in the adoption of health
information technology and a model to other states regarding the value that health information exchange brings to patients and health care systems.
"Our investments in health information technology were strategic decisions intended to improve patient care. Nemours’ fully integrated electronic medical record system enables an environment where all patient data can be captured, monitored and used to continuously improve the health of children in our care and beyond."
— Gina Altieri, CPA, Nemours Vice President for Corporate Services
"Our advanced electronic capabilities have eliminated prescription error rates throughout our system and improved communication among our clinicians, our referring physicians and patient families. As we further develop these capabilities, we are confident that the quality and safety of the health experience we deliver to children in our care will also continue to improve."
— David Milov, MD, Nemours Chief Medical Information Officer
Nemours IT staff
Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children