Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is nationally recognized by:
As a Nemours Associate, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across disciplines, pursue your passion for excellence in children’s health care, and advance professionally as you work alongside some of the country’s top pediatric practitioners.
We’ve made it our mission to help children grow up healthy. This means providing top notch, family-centered pediatric care at our hospitals and clinics throughout Delaware Valley and Florida and leading the way in prevention, education and advocacy.
Setting Higher Standards in Children's Health Care
- A leader in children’s health for more than 70 years
- Two freestanding children’s hospitals — the world-renowned Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., and the new Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, Fla.
- Our pediatric specialty programs were named among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report
- 152 Nemours physicians are ranked among the Best Doctors in America® for 2011-2012 by Best Doctors®, Inc.
- Family-centered care ranked in the top 20 percent in key satisfaction areas
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children nursing program granted Magnet status 2012, by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), in recognition for its professional nursing excellence
Quality & Safety
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children was awarded the Elite Distinction as one of 12 Leapfrog Top Children’s Hospitals in the country in 2012, recognizing exceptional quality and patient safety
- Excellent quality and safety outcomes, including hospital readmissions for asthma, patient survival rates, and surgical infection prevention
Health Information & Technology
- Advanced Electronic Health Record (EHR) technology that works seamlessly across multiple locations
- Among the “Most Wired” hospitals and health systems in the U.S., Hospitals and Health Networks magazine, 2013
- HIMSS Davies Organizational Award of Excellence from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Nemours Center for Children’s Health Media, creator of KidsHealth.org — the No. 1 most-visited website devoted to children’s health
- Modern work environment designed to support your practice and meet the personal needs of patients and families
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities
- Transparent culture with multidisciplinary collaboration and partnerships
- Mentoring: Learn from experienced clinicians
- Competitive benefits such as tuition reimbursement, excellent health and dental plans