Phone: (484) 337-3000
Amenities: ATM, Cafeteria, Gift Shop
Learn more about Bryn Mawr Hospital »
Phone: (484) 337-3000
Collaborating for Kids
Nemours and Bryn Mawr Hospital (part of the Main Line Health system) have teamed up to deliver advanced round-the-clock pediatric care to children and families in Philadelphia’s suburbs and beyond.
Kids are different from adults and need specialized care, so Nemours’ pediatric specialists are there for families at Bryn Mawr Hospital to provide:
- pediatric specialty consultations in patient units
- Nemours pediatric specialty care for kids in Bryn Mawr Hospital’s Pediatric Emergency Department is designed exclusively for children, featuring specialized equipment and exam rooms, and a kid friendly waiting area
- pediatric surgical consultations in the outpatient surgery center
- neonatology services (from Nemours neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners) for premature and high-risk newborns in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- pediatric hospitalist care for inpatients – Nemours hospitalists are board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children, and adolescents. Working alongside the Bryn Mawr Hospital staff, our Nemours hospitalists communicate directly with your child’s physician to offer seamless inpatient care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This team is complemented by a highly trained pediatric nursing staff, pharmacists, rehabilitation therapists, respiratory therapists, and social workers.
Nemours and Bryn Mawr Hospital also work together to:
- collaborate with your child’s physician and the Bryn Mawr Hospital pediatric staff upon inpatient admission and discharge
- coordinate with your child’s physician and Bryn Mawr Hospital staff to treat children who come through the child-friendly emergency department (ED)
- assist families who don’t have a primary care physician to find one for ongoing care
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at the Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Newtown Square and Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill patients to duPont Hospital for Children
About Bryn Mawr Hospital
Bryn Mawr Hospital has received numerous awards for its excellence in care, particularly in the areas of orthopedics and cardiology. The hospital offers a dedicated pediatric suite with 16 private inpatient pediatric beds. The unit is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week with a dedicated team of Nemours pediatric hospitalists.
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Newtown Square, our Nemours pediatric physicians and medical teams provide outpatient specialty care and consultation for children in more than two dozen pediatric specialties, including Audiology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nutrition, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, Pulmonology, Sports Medicine, Urology, and Weight Management.
When the children we see at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Newtown Square need to be hospitalized, have surgery, or receive additional tests, we can refer them to Bryn Mawr Hospital to get quality, comprehensive care close to home.
The Nemours electronic health record system is one of the most advanced in the country and allows our medical teams to accurately and instantly share crucial information related to your child’s care.
Our system gives our pediatric specialists access to all of your child’s medical information, treatment plans, and test results, even if you're visiting a Nemours collaborating hospital or satellite office.
Your pediatrician or family care provider can also access your child’s medical record, any time, day or night through our special community physician online portal, called NemoursLink. You also can view your child's health records, make appointments, request refills, and more with our parents’ portal, MyNemours.