Phone: (215) 955-6000
Learn more about Thomas Jefferson University Hospital »
Plan Your Visit: Parking », Interactive Campus Map »
Phone: (215) 955-6000
Collaborating for Kids
Nemours collaborates with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (TJU) to extend advanced round-the-clock pediatric care to children and families in the Philadelphia area.
Kids are different from adults and need specialized care, so Nemours’ pediatric specialists are there for families at TJU to provide:
- pediatric specialty consultations in patient units and the emergency department
- pediatric surgical consultations in the outpatient surgery center
- a dedicated pediatric suite, staffed around-the-clock by a team of Nemours pediatric hospitalists – Nemours hospitalists are board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children, and adolescents. Working alongside the TJU staff, our Nemours hospitalists communicate directly with your child’s physician to offer seamless inpatient care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- a Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) staffed by Nemours’ neonatologists (Level III means that we can offer advanced care for premature, low-birth weight, and critically ill infants.)
Nemours and TJU also work together to:
- collaborate on multi-disciplinary pediatric programs for chronic or complex medical conditions
- partner on important research studies
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia and the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill patients to duPont Hospital for Children
About Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Established in 1825, TJU is ranked among the nation's top medical centers in numerous specialties by U.S. News & World Report. In Center City Philadelphia, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals and Thomas Jefferson University share a 13-acre campus.
The Department of Pediatrics at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE, is actually the academic home for Pediatrics at Jefferson Medical College (which is part of Thomas Jefferson University).
That means the pediatric experts from Nemours are helping to educate the health care professionals of tomorrow, including Jefferson medical students (students in their final years of med school), residents (doctors who’ve graduated medical school and are now training in specific fields as they’re supervised by attending physicians), and pediatric fellows (doctors who’ve completed medical school and residency training, and are getting additional clinical training in a specialty).
Together, as a major academic medical center and an independent children's hospital, we’re better able to provide the highest quality pediatric care to the region’s children.
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia, our Nemours pediatric physicians and medical teams provide outpatient specialty care and consultation for children in more than a dozen pediatric specialties, including nationally recognized programs in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Neurology, and Urology.
When the children we see at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia, need to be hospitalized, have surgery, or receive additional tests, we can refer them to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to get quality, comprehensive care close to home.
The Nemours electronic health record system is one of the most advanced in the country and allows our medical teams to accurately and instantly share crucial information related to your child’s care.
Our system gives our pediatric specialists access to all of your child’s medical information, treatment plans, and test results, even if you're visiting a Nemours collaborating hospital or satellite office.
Your pediatrician or family care provider can also access your child’s medical record, any time, day or night through our special community physician online portal, called NemoursLink.
You also can view your child's health records, make appointments, request refills, and more with our parents’ portal, MyNemours.