Phone: (215) 955-6000
Plan Your Visit: Parking » | Interactive Campus Map »
Learn More About Thomas Jefferson University Hospital »
Phone: (215) 955-6000
Collaborating for Kids
Nemours collaborates with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (TJU) to extend advanced round-the-clock pediatric care to children and families in the Philadelphia area.
Kids are different from adults and need specialized care, so Nemours’ pediatric specialists are there for families at TJU to provide:
- pediatric specialty consultations in patient units and the Emergency Department
- pediatric surgical consultations at the hospital and at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia
- care in a dedicated pediatric suite, staffed around-the-clock by a team of Nemours pediatric hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents)
- daily well-baby examinations for newborns at the hospital’s family-friendly mother-baby unit
- care in a Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) staffed by Nemours’ neonatologists (Level III means that we provide advanced care for premature, low-birth weight and critically ill infants.)
Nemours and TJU also work together to:
- collaborate on multidisciplinary pediatric programs for chronic or complex medical conditions
- partner on important research studies
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia and at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill patients to duPont Hospital for Children
About Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Established in 1825, TJU is ranked among the nation's top medical centers in numerous specialties by U.S. News & World Report. In Center City Philadelphia, Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals and Thomas Jefferson University share a 13-acre campus.
The Department of Pediatrics at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., is actually the academic home for Pediatrics at Jefferson Medical College (which is part of Thomas Jefferson University).
That means the pediatric experts from Nemours are helping to educate the health care professionals of tomorrow, including Jefferson medical students (students in their final years of med school), residents (doctors who’ve graduated medical school and are now training in specific fields as they’re supervised by attending physicians) and pediatric fellows (doctors who’ve completed medical school and residency training, and are getting additional clinical training in a specialty).
Together, as a major academic medical center and an independent children's hospital, we’re better able to provide the highest quality pediatric care to the region’s children.
Medical Services at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia our Nemours pediatric physicians and medical teams provide outpatient specialty care and consultation for children in more than a dozen pediatric specialties, including nationally recognized programs in cardiology, endocrinology, neurology and urology.
When the children we see at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia need to be hospitalized, have surgery or receive additional tests, we can refer them to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to get quality, comprehensive care close to home.