At Nemours, our neurology experts help children with muscular dystrophy (including Becker muscular dystrophy, congenital muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular disorders) live as independently and actively as possible. Because every kid needs a chance to just be a kid.
Our muscular dystrophy programs are certified and approved by the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). With access to the most advanced technologies, therapies and medications available, your child will receive comprehensive care delivered by compassionate Nemours doctors, nurses and therapists who treat every child as they would their own.
Nemours muscular dystrophy treatment programs use a coordinated approach to help the best ways to treat your child’s individual condition.
That means our team includes experts in:
- orthopedics (bones and joints)
- pulmonology (lungs)
- neurology (brain, spine and nerves)
- genetics (DNA that determines heredity)
- physical and occupational therapy (improving muscle performance and motor skills)
- cardiology (heart)
- nutrition (help for kids with trouble eating)
- psychology (behavioral and mental health)
Together, we work as a team to give your child the best possible care and quality of life.