At Nemours, our neurology experts help children with muscular dystrophy (including Becker muscular dystrophy, congenital muscular dystrophy, and other neuromuscular disorders) live as independently and actively as possible, for as long as possible. Because every kid needs a chance to reach full potential and just be a kid.
Our muscular dystrophy programs are certified and approved by the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA). Your child has access to the most advanced technologies, therapies, and medications available, delivered by compassionate Nemours doctors, nurses, and therapists who treat every child as their own.
Our Nemours muscular dystrophy treatment programs use a multidisciplinary approach to help find the best ways to treat your child’s individual condition.
That means our team includes experts in:
- orthopedics (bones and joints)
- pulmonology (lungs)
- neurology (brain, spine, and nerves)
- genetics (DNA that determines heredity)
- physical and occupational therapy (improving muscle performance and motor skills)
- cardiology (heart)
- nutrition (help for kids with trouble eating)
- psychology (behavioral and mental health)
Together, we work as a team to give your child the best possible care and quality of life.