At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Stories: Patients and families share their experiences.
- AJ: Scoliosis
- Anna: Scoliosis
- Mia: Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Tear
- Vinnie: Back Fracture
- Back Injury: Tony
- Bill: Scheuermann's Kyphosis
- Carley: Spondylolisthesis
- Gavin: Kyphoscoliosis
- James: Scoliosis
- Limb Length Discrepancy: Alex
- Neuromuscular Research: Matthew
- Orthopedics: Joey
- Sammy: Scoliosis
- Scoliosis: Samantha
- Spondylo-Epiphyseal Dysplasia: Mackenzie
- Spinal Stress Fracture: Leighanne
- Tara: Scoliosis
- Wrist Pain: Alyce-Faye
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
News & Recognition
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Again Ranked Among the Nation's Best
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware Donates $500,000
- Mackenzie, MD Invested as First Endowed Chair of Orthopaedics
- Swank Foundation Makes Million Dollar Gift to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware Donates $500,000
On July 18, Timothy Constantine, President of Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware, announced that the company has contributed $500,000 in support of the Expansion of Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
“We are pleased to support Nemours with a gift of $500,000 as it expands its facilities. The hospital is a true asset for the state with a strong reputation for the highest quality pediatric care,” said Constantine. “In learning about the expansion, we were impressed by the focus on quality, technology, safety, and efficiency, as well as the emphasis on providing a comfortable healing environment for children and their families.”
He added, “We wanted to support in particular the department of orthopedics, which represents the roots of the institution and continues to be a world class service right here in our own backyard.”
“We at Nemours are grateful for the generous investment of Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware in this important project,” said Kevin B. Churchwell, MD, Senior VP, Nemours and CEO of the hospital. “We are committed to providing the best experience for every child and family we serve. Highmark Delaware is helping us create an enhanced care environment that offers the latest technology and supports collaboration and communication: the true 21st century model of pediatric health care.”