EmmiKids is an interactive web-based tool that makes complex medical information easy to understand — even for our youngest patients.
Using colorful animations, our guide, Emmi, explores various procedures and medical conditions with a simple, soothing style.
Emmi goes over:
- reasons for surgery
- basics of a condition
- what to expect before, during, and after a procedure
- risks and benefits
- alternatives to treatment
Access EmmiKids online anywhere with an 11-digit code and password you can get from any Nemours Associate. EmmiKids is great to share with grandparents, extended family members, and friends.
EmmiKids videos cover topics like:
- blood disorders/cancer care: blood transfusion and lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- heart care: cardiac catheterization for treatment
- ear, nose, and throat (ENT): tonsillectomy and ear tubes
- digestive health: colonoscopy and upper endoscopy
- general surgery: appendectomy, hernia repair, and gastrostomy tubes (G-Tubes)
- urology: hypospadias, circumcision, orchiopexy (undescended testis)
- eye care: retinopathy of prematurity
- orthopedics: spinal fusion, splints, and casts
- emergency care: lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
EmmiSafety is an 11-minute video featuring tips to keep your child safe in the hospital.