Phone: (856) 641-8000
Learn more about Inspira Medical Center Vineland »
Phone: (856) 641-8000
Collaborating for Kids
Nemours collaborates with Inspira Medical Center Vineland, to extend advanced round-the-clock pediatric care to children and families in Cumberland, Salem, and Gloucester counties, and beyond.
IMCV's new eight-bed pediatric emergency department was designed specifically for children, with specialized equipment and exam rooms, as well as a kid-friendly waiting area. IMCV emergency medicine physicians, specially trained nurses, and pediatric hospitalists from Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children team together to ensure quicker triaging of sick children, decreased wait times, and excellent age-appropriate care.
Kids are different from adults and need specialized care. So Nemours' pediatric specialists are there for families at Inspira Medical Center Vineland to also provide:
- pediatric specialty consultations in patient units and the emergency department.
- hospitalist care for pediatric inpatients – Nemours hospitalists are board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children, and adolescents. Working alongside the South Jersey Healthcare staff, our Nemours hospitalists communicate directly with your child’s physician to offer seamless inpatient care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- neonatology services for premature and high-risk newborns in the advanced Level III Deborah H. Sager Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) (Level III means our neonatologists there can offer advanced care for premature, low birth-weight, and critically ill infants born prematurely as young as 28 weeks into the pregnancy.).
Nemours and IMCV also work together to:
- collaborate with your child’s physician and IMCV pediatric staff upon inpatient admission and discharge.
- coordinate with your child’s physician and IMCV staff to treat children who come through the emergency department (ED).
- assist families who don’t have a primary care physician to find one for ongoing care.
- coordinate care, as needed, with our specialists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Vineland, and Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE.
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill patients to duPont Hospital for Children.
About Inspira Medical Center Vineland
Featuring a dedicated pediatric unit designed to calm children and ease their stress, Inspira Medical Center Vineland is a 262-bed, state-of-the art hospital located in Vineland, NJ. The hospital has won numerous awards for its quality of care, nurses, and individual specialties such as bariatric surgery. The hospital’s Frank and Edith Scarpa Regional Cancer Pavilion is also the region's leading cancer institute (and a partner of the Fox Chase Cancer Center). Inspira Medical Center Vineland’s JointCare Center is a joint replacement center of excellence. Two IMCV SleepCare Centers provide the latest in diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.
Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Vineland, is located in the Medical Office Building adjacent to Inspira Medical Center Vineland. In this office, our Nemours pediatric physicians and medical teams provide outpatient specialty care and consultation for children in specialties such as Cardiology and Neonatology.
When the children we see at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Vineland, need to be hospitalized, have surgery, or receive additional tests, we can refer them to Inspira Medical Center Vineland to get quality, comprehensive care close to home.
The Nemours electronic health record system is one of the most advanced in the country and allows our medical teams to accurately and instantly share crucial information related to your child’s care.
Our system gives our pediatric specialists access to all of your child’s medical information, treatment plans, and test results, even if you're visiting a Nemours collaborating hospital or satellite office.
Your pediatrician or family care provider can also access your child’s medical record, any time, day or night through our special community physician online portal, called NemoursLink.
You also can view your child's health records, make appointments, request refills, and more with our parents’ portal, MyNemours.