Collaborating for Kids
Nemours collaborates with Phoenixville hospital to extend advanced, round-the-clock pediatric care to families like yours in Phoenixville and the surrounding communities.
Kids are different from adults and need specialized care. That's why Nemours pediatric specialists are there for families at Phoenixville Hospital to provide:
- neonatology expertise for premature, high-risk and critically ill infants in the hospital’s Level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Working alongside the Phoenixville Hospital staff, our physicians are complemented by the hospital’s highly skilled nursing staff, pharmacists, respiratory therapists and social workers. Nemours neonatologists are available for consultation in the hospital’s NICU 365 days a year.
- consultations with Nemours pediatricians in the hospital’s emergency department 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- consultations with Nemours pediatric cardiologists and other specialists as needed
Nemours and Phoenixville Hospital also work together to:
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at nearby Nemours locations such as Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Newtown Square, Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Collegeville and Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill patients to duPont Hospital for Children
About Phoenixville Hospital
Phoenixville Hospital is a 151-bed facility with an award-winning cardiovascular program, a fully-accredited cancer center and the area’s largest Robotic Surgery Center. The hospital is a community healthcare provider serving Phoenixville and the surrounding communities. It provides comprehensive medical services through approximately 25,000 emergency room visits, 8,200 inpatient admissions and more than 500 community outreach programs annually.
The hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is designated to provide Level II care, which means our staff and the NICU can care for the sickest babies and offer the greatest variety of support for babies as young as 32 gestational weeks in the special care newborn nursery. The NICU offers mechanical ventilation and minor surgical procedures such as central line placement.
Medical Services at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, Nemours pediatric physicians and medical teams provide outpatient specialty care and consultation for children in specialties such as cardiology (heart care), dermatology (skin care), endocrinology (hormones & growth), gastroenterology (digestive health), ophthalmology (eye care), orthopedics and sports medicine, otolaryngology (ENT), rehabilitation medicine, and urology (urinary health).
When the children we see at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, need to be hospitalized, have surgery or receive additional tests, we can refer them to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del. to get quality, comprehensive care.