Offered by: Nemours
Location: Delaware Valley
What is the trial about?
The purpose of this study is to develop an understanding of operative and non-operative treatment to allow spinal growth in patients with early onset scoliosis.
Who can participate?
- Children under 18 and with any diagnosis, who undergo a growth-friendly surgical procedure, including but not limited to growing rods, VEPTR (Vertical Expandable Prosthetic Titanium Rib), Shilla, hybrid constructs, spinal tethering and staples.
- Children under 18 and with any diagnosis, who undergo casting.
- Children 10 and younger with any diagnosis, who undergo spinal fusion of the thoracic and/or lumbar spine.
- Children <6 with any diagnosis and with scoliosis curves of the thoracic and/or lumbar spine measuring >25 degrees.
What is involved?
The study includes several visits: preoperative, first erect visit and annually after surgery. The following procedures are routine during the visit with the physician:
- Clinical examination
- Pulmonary function test (possible)
- CT scan (possible)
- Clinical photos
Contact Nemours Clinical Trials
Trial Name: The Treatment of Progressive Early-Onset Spinal Deformities: A Multicenter Outcome Study