At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Stories: Patients and families share their experiences.
Quality & Safety: Learn how we track and measure the success of our care.
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
News & Recognition
- All Asthma Clinical Trials in Jacksonville
- Effect of Positive Airway Pressure on Reducing Airway Reactivity in Patients With Asthma (CPAP)
- Obesity & Asthma: Genetics and Nutrigenetic Response to Omega-3 Fatty Acids (GenOA/NOOA)
- Long-Acting Beta Agonist Step Down Study (LASST)
- Molecular Phenotyping of Asthma in Sickle Cell Disease (MoP-ASC)
- Role of Regulator T-Cell Function in Asthma Severity of Obese Children (Treg)
Molecular Phenotyping of Asthma in Sickle Cell Disease (MoP-ASC)
Clinical Trial at Nemours Children's Clinic, Jacksonville
What is the study about?
We want to find out more about asthma in patients with sickle cell disease. People who have both sickle cell disease and asthma go to the hospital more often and have more pain than people with sickle cell disease who do not have asthma.
Who can participate?
We are recruiting African-American patients between the ages of 6 and 21 years who have been diagnosed with:
- both sickle cell disease and asthma
- only sickle cell disease
- only asthma (with and without sickle cell disease trait)
What is involved?
Eligible candidates will be required to provide a urine, saliva, and blood sample.
What is the time commitment?
Participants will require one clinic visit that will last approximately one hour. Sample collection can be coordinated with the clinic visit.
What are the costs of being in this study?
There are no costs involved in the study.
Will I be compensated for my time?
Participants can receive a Wal-Mart gift card valued up to $25 for time and travel for completing all study visits and testing.
Study Name to Reference When Calling: MoP-ASC Study
For questions regarding the rights of research patients,
call the Nemours Office of Human Subjects Protection: (904) 697-4023.