There’s a wide range of what’s considered typical when it comes to child development. But if there’s something about your child’s physical, emotional, behavioral, or social development that has you concerned, consider a referral to Nemours Developmental Pediatrics.
Developmental pediatricians have completed a fellowship in either neurodevelopmental disabilities or developmental and behavioral pediatrics. Their combined expertise covers a range of child development concerns, including:
- suspected or known delays in motor, language, or social skills
- autistic spectrum disorders
- learning disabilities
- attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- developmental concerns associated with known congenital or genetic conditions, such as cerebral palsy or Down syndrome
- pediatric feeding and swallowing disorders