Phone: (484) 337-3000
Nemours’ pediatric hospitalists offer full-time care in the specialized inpatient pediatric unit at Nemours duPont Pediatrics at Bryn Mawr Hospital. We collaborate with your child’s primary care physician, providing ongoing pediatric hospital care and communication with specialists, nurses, social workers, and other health care providers your child may see during a hospital stay.
Available around-the-clock, we may serve as the attending physician (overseeing your child’s care) or coordinate care with your attending physician or pediatric specialist. No matter how common or complex the medical condition, we’re prepared to:
- evaluate and treat pediatric emergencies
- keep your primary care physician informed during and after your stay
- provide newborn examinations
- help you identify a primary care physician if you don’t have one
- care for our littlest patients in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- consult with pediatric specialists in more than 30 medical specialties from Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- coordinate follow-up outpatient care, if needed, with our specialists at the Nemours duPont Pediatrics locations and duPont Hospital for Children.
- arrange for critical care transport (by ambulance and helicopter) to duPont Hospital for Children for kids who need immediate access to more
Whatever brings your child to us for an overnight stay (or many), know that we do whatever it takes to give you and your child top-quality, coordinated inpatient hospital care from the time you check in until you’re ready to head back home.