We know the idea of neurological problems can be scary for you and your child. Treating each child as our own, our Nemours pediatric neurology specialists provide expert care that’s as compassionate as it is technologically advanced. Whether your child has an injury or a neurological condition, we can help your child recover, improve and get back to just being a kid.
Neurological issues can affect your child’s cognitive functioning (ability to think, reason and make behavior choices), physical functioning (the way the body works), or both. Our Nemours pediatric neurologists take a team approach that brings in a variety of specialists who work together to give your child the best possible care.
The pediatric neurologists at Nemours have the expertise to evaluate, diagnose and treat children with a wide range of neurological injuries and conditions, including:
- epilepsy and seizures
- headache and migraines
- cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular disorders
- developmental delay
- sleep disorders
- learning and language disorders
- muscle and nerve disorders
- tumors in the nervous system such as neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis and other neurocurtaneous syndromes
- Tourette syndrome and other tic disorders
- concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
For Appointments: (302) 651-4200
For Information: (215) 861-8830
- copies of any previous neurologic studies (both interpretations of results by other professionals as well as laboratory results, CT scan or MRI images, and EEG tracings)
- copies of any previous neurologic evaluations by other neurologists
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Online Support Service
- CaringBridge: a free site offering support and communication to help your family through your child's medical journey
Nemours pediatric neurologists and other specialists maintain regular hours at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia, to diagnose and treat children with injuries and conditions that affect the brain, spine, and nervous system.
Working in partnership with your child’s own primary care provider, our board-certified pediatric neurology specialists can help your child deal with a wide range of complex neurologic issues that can affect movement, learning, behavior, and other problems.
Using the most advanced diagnostic tools, techniques and equipment, we bring together the medical training, expertise, and judgment needed to address your child’s challenges. Because after all, kids just want to be kids, no matter what their condition or injury.
Our Nemours pediatric neurology specialists focus on treating children with complex conditions, including:
- epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- neuromuscular disorders such as cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy (MD), multiple sclerosis (MS), anterior lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gherig’s disease), and others
- migraine headaches
- sleep disorders involving the nervous system
- disorders mainly affecting the brain, spinal cord, and nerves
Our pediatric neurology experts provide a wide range of outpatient services to help diagnose and treat kids with neurological issues.
These usually include:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) to measure brain waves (for diagnosing and monitoring kids with a variety of conditions)
- Intravenous (IV) therapy to relieve migraine headaches
- Immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapy to help treat kids with multiple sclerosis (MS) and other conditions that affect nerve fibers
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap) to help kids with migraines and other neurological disorders
- Polysomnography (sleep studies) for children with sleep disorders
We can provide routine neurological care and many kinds of exams, tests and procedures onsite at the Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia. For some complicated tests and procedures, your child may need to visit nearby Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Delaware.
Because of scheduling variations, we recommend checking with the office at (215) 861-8830 to see what services and appointment times are available. We’ll do our very best to get you and your child seen as quickly as possible.
In addition to services available at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Philadelphia, our Nemours neurology specialists provide inpatient care at duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington and Nemours duPont Pediatrics at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. We help train students, residents, and fellows from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia.