At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
News & Recognition
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Again Ranked Among the Nation's Best
- Swank Foundation Makes Million Dollar Gift to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Again Ranked Among the Nation's Best
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children has been ranked in 8 specialties in U.S. News & World Report’s 2013-2014 Best Children’s Hospitals rankings. In this year’s rankings, released today, duPont Hospital for Children was recognized for excellence in cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, and pulmonology.
7 of the 8 specialties included in this year’s list ranked higher than in 2012. Most notable was the improvement in orthopedics, which rose to No. 5 on the list.
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children ranked in the following specialties:
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children has been ranked among the nation’s best children’s hospitals each year we participated in the survey.
- For the 2013-14 rankings, U.S. News used two surveys: a clinical questionnaire sent to 179 pediatric hospitals and, for the reputational assessment, a survey of 150 pediatric specialists and subspecialists in each specialty. The 1,500 physicians were asked where they would send the sickest children in their specialty, setting aside location and expense. A separate reputational survey in which 1,500 pediatric specialists—150 in each specialty—were asked where they would send the sickest children in their specialty made up the remaining 25 percent.
- A hospital’s reputation among doctors was only a small part of what U.S. News factored into its rankings. Three-quarters of each hospital’s score was determined through an analysis of patient outcomes and data on the structural resources each hospital has for pediatric care.
- 87 of the 179 participating hospitals ranked in one or more specialties.
“Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children deserves high praise. Ranking shows the dedication and expertise that Nemours brings to the care of children who need those qualities the most. We think it is important to identify and call attention to pediatric centers like this one.”
— Avery Comarow, U.S. News and World Report Health Rankings Editor
“Nemours’ ranking validates our commitment to the very highest standards in children’s health care and we are honored to be ranked among the Nation’s best once again. We are dedicated to improving the health of children in all the communities we serve and to ensuring that the needs of our patients and families are at the center of all we do—a true partnership between our physicians, nurses, associates and those who trust us with their care."
— David J. Bailey, MD, MBA, President & CEO, Nemours