At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Stories: Patients and families share their experiences.
Quality & Safety: Learn how we track and measure the success of our care.
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) Survival Rate
- Giving Even the Sickest Children the Best Chance at Life
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
News & Recognition
- Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Wins Research Grant From Hyundai Hope On Wheels
- Caitlin Robb Foundation Donates to Cancer Research
- Carper, Carney Announce $4.6 Million for Cancer Research
- Dr. Kolb Appointed to Children's Oncology Group Scientific Council
- Component of Turmeric Shows Promise in Brain Tumor Treatment
- D.O. Believe Foundation Donates $25,000 to Nemours Childhood Cancer Research
- Delaware Health Sciences Alliance Awards Grant to Nemours Center for Childhood Cancer Research
- Hyundai Hope on Wheels Awards Nemours $100,000 Grant
- Jeremy P. Wilson Foundation Donates $20,000 to Nemours Cancer Research
- Joint Cancer Program of Nemours and Wolfson Children's Receives Achievement Award
- Kids' Runway for Research gives $9,000 to Child Cancer Research
- Nanotechnology for Drug Delivery Shows Promise in Treatment of Pediatric Leukemia
- Nemours Receives Donation to Support Cancer Research
- Nemours Researchers Uncover New Evidence of Harmfulness of Secondhand Smoke
- Students Donate Art Work to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- U.S. News & World Report 2011-2012
Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Wins Research Grant From Hyundai Hope On Wheels
Hyundai Hope On Wheels and Wilmington-area Hyundai dealers awarded Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children a $250,000 Hope Grant to support pediatric cancer research.
Dr. Andrew Napper of Nemours is one of 41 recipients of Hope On Wheels’ 2012 Hyundai Hope Grants. In all, $10.25 million will be awarded in grants during the month of September in honor of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
To improve the odds in the fight for a cure, Hope On Wheels raised its Hyundai Hope Grant award amount this year from $100,000 to $250,000. The month-long program marks Hope On Wheels’ largest research grant donation period to date. It will bring the total amount that the nonprofit has committed to childhood cancer to $57 million since it first began in 1998.
In its third annual September campaign, Hope On Wheels opened its competitive grant program to all Children’s Oncology Group institutions. Every proposal received was reviewed by Hope On Wheels’ Medical Advisory Committee, comprised of leading pediatric oncologists from around the country.
“We are honored to receive this funding and to have the support of Hyundai Hope On Wheels as we look for more and better ways to treat and ultimately cure pediatric cancer,” said Dr. Napper. “This funding goes directly towards research that could extend and improve quality of life for children with cancer.”
The grant was presented at a signature Handprint Ceremony, which captures the colorful handprints of young cancer patients and places them on a white canvas, symbolizing that just as every handprint is unique, each child has a unique story to tell. Every Handprint Ceremony celebrates the lives of the children faced with cancer and commemorates their brave battles with cancer.
“Through the support of our Hyundai dealers, hospital partners, and online community, we are working together for a cure,” said John Krafcik, President and CEO of Hyundai Motor America. "We congratulate and commend each institution for their important and life-changing work, and thank our supporters for their continued efforts."
About Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 800 dealerships nationwide.