Learn about pediatric cancer, how it affects kids, and how you can help support The Endowed Chair in Childhood Cancer Research at Nemours Children’s Clinic, Jacksonville and Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
At Nemours, we promise to do whatever it takes to treat children as we would our own. When your child comes to Nemours, we know you’re placing your trust in us. This trust and our dedication to improving the health of your child is what inspires us to provide exceptional care and the most satisfying experience possible.
Stories: Patients and families share their experiences.
Quality & Safety: Learn how we track and measure the success of our care.
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) Survival Rate
- Giving Even the Sickest Children the Best Chance at Life
Patient Satisfaction: See what families say about our care.
News & Recognition
- Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Wins Research Grant From Hyundai Hope On Wheels
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Again Ranked Among the Nation's Best
- Carper, Carney Announce $4.6 Million for Cancer Research
- Dr. Kolb Appointed to Children's Oncology Group Scientific Council
- Component of Turmeric Shows Promise in Brain Tumor Treatment
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Awards $75,000 Hyundai Scholar Grant For Pediatric Cancer Program
- Hyundai Hope on Wheels Awards Nemours $100,000 Grant
- Jeremy P. Wilson Foundation Donates $20,000 to Nemours Cancer Research
- Joint Cancer Program of Nemours and Wolfson Children's Receives Achievement Award
- Nemours Receives Donation to Support Cancer Research
- Nemours Researchers Uncover New Evidence of Harmfulness of Secondhand Smoke
- Students Donate Art Work to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
Hyundai Hope On Wheels Awards $75,000 Hyundai Scholar Grant For Pediatric Cancer Program
Hyundai Hope On Wheels® and Wilmington-area Hyundai dealers have awarded Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children a $75,000 Hyundai Scholar Grant. The grant was presented to Emi H. Caywood, MD, to fund her work in developing a research infrastructure to enhance clinical trial accrual and improve data management and best practices across four Nemours clinical sites. Alfred I.duPont Hospital for Children is one of 40 recipients of a Hope On Wheels 2013 Hyundai Scholar Grant, which supports principal investigators known as Hyundai Scholars. Hyundai Scholars pursue research and clinical programs aimed at improving the lives of children battling pediatric cancer.
The $75,000 Hyundai Scholar Grant to Dr. Caywood was officially presented during a Hope On Wheels Handprint Ceremony at the hospital on May 30. During the ceremony, Wilmington-area children battling cancer placed their handprints dipped in colorful paint on a white 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, the official vehicle of Hope On Wheels. Every Handprint Ceremony celebrates the courageous lives of the children faced with cancer and brings Hope On Wheels’ community of supporters together.
“We’re grateful to Hyundai for their continued support of our program, and for their commitment to the lives of children through support of pediatric cancer research initiatives,” said E. Anders Kolb, MD, Hematology/Oncology Division Chief at duPont Hospital for Children. “The generosity of Hyundai has helped in funding education and research programs benefiting young children with cancer and their families.”
“Hyundai and its dealers remain committed to helping children in the fight against pediatric cancer,” said John Krafcik, President and CEO of Hyundai Motor America. “We are dedicated to providing crucial research dollars that will lead to finding cures and better treatments for children impacted by cancer. While cure rates approach 80 percent for some forms of pediatric cancer, far too many children and families are devastated by the disease.”