Otolaryngology is a specialty devoted to the evaluation and treatment of ear, nose and throat (ENT) disorders as well as head and neck, hearing and communication problems. We understand how ENT conditions can affect hearing, learning, speech and sleep and impact development. Our teams provide care that takes your whole child, not just the condition, into account.
ENT conditions in children can range from recurring ear infections and enlarged tonsils, to sinus diseases or a complex craniofacial anomaly (irregular or abnormal growth of head and facial bones). Nemours ear, nose and throat doctors, called otolaryngologists, are board-certified ENT surgeons who are highly trained in the latest minimally invasive and endoscopic surgery techniques.
The most common procedures our surgeons perform include:
Nemours surgeons are also skilled in advanced reconstructive techniques and often work with other specialists to try to combine one or more surgeries during a single hospitalization, which helps reduce the number of times your child needs to receive anesthesia.
New JerseySpecialty Care
For Appointments: (302) 651-4200
For Information: (610) 557-4800
Fax: (610) 557-4816
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Newtown Square, provides personalized, comprehensive Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) services/otolaryngology for your child. Our board-certified physicians work closely with a team of specially trained healthcare providers to treat infants, children and teens with problems of the ears, nose, throat, neck, mouth, and sinuses.
Our doctors and other healthcare specialists, including audiologists (professionals who perform evaluations on children with hearing, balance, and other ear-related problems), are all under one roof, so your child can often have multiple appointments scheduled in one day for your convenience. We feature four ENT rooms and state-of-the-art equipment, including audiology booths and nasopharyngo-laryngoscopes (tiny telescopes that help the physician evaluate your child’s nasal and airway passages).
Onsite pediatric Audiology services are provided by audiologists from Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE. Appointments for testing can be made either with or without ENT consultation and we gladly accept community referrals for audiologic services.
Our services include:
- Full hearing evaluations which may include:
- Audiometry: various age-appropriate hearing function tests
- Tympanometry: tests the function of the middle ear
- Otoacoustic emissions testing: measures hair cell response produced by the inner ear
- Central Auditory Process (CAP) testing helps detect Auditory Process Disorder (APD) in which the child has difficulty processing what is heard because the ears and brain do not fully coordinate
- Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder (ANSD) testing assesses the function of the auditory (hearing) nerve. Abnormal nerve function can make it difficult for children to distinguish one sound from another and understand speech clearly
- Auditory brainstem response (ABR) testing is performed in infants and young children to determine how well sound travels from the ear to the brainstem. Children requiring sedated testing will be referred to the hospital location