We understand that the dermatologic needs of children can be quite different from those of adults. Our doctors are trained in pediatric dermatology to offer a full range of care for kids with a variety of disorders that affect the skin, hair, and nails. We’re committed to educating families about their diagnoses and available treatment options, as well as about their long-term skin health.
Pediatric Dermatology Conditions Often Seen in Children:
- atopic dermatitis (eczema), a common hereditary condition that causes chronic dry skin and an itchy scaly rash
- contact dermatitis (caused by direct skin contact with an irritating substance)
- birthmarks (discolored or raised areas of skin noted shortly after birth)
- hemangiomas and port wine stains (types of birthmarks)
- nevi (moles), caused by pigment producing cells
- infections of the skin
- vitiligo (smooth white spots or patches on the skin)
- psoriasis (a chronic disease that causes parts of the skin to become scaly and inflamed)
- hair loss
- nail disorders (related to infection or other body system disorders)
- genetic and body system disorders that include skin problems, such as neurofibromatosis (which causes tumors to grow beneath the skin)
At Nemours, our pediatric dermatology teams also places a lot of emphasis on teaching children about sun safety because research shows that good sun protection habits established during childhood can help prevent skin cancers later in life.
For Appointments: (302) 651-4200
For Information: (610) 542-3300
Fax: (610) 542-3320
Parking: Valet parking at entrance. Garage parking with convenient skywalk to our suite. Parking rates vary.
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, we perform pediatric dermatology diagnosis and treatment, including biopsy and excision of skin lesions.
We understand that conditions of the skin, hair and nails can be upsetting to kids of all ages. We’re here to help children with common pediatric dermatology conditions feel better about the skin they’re in.
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, we also partner with specialists from other Nemours divisions to provide the best care for your child.
If your child needs further tests, hospitalization, treatment or surgery, we may refer you to either Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., or another recommended health care provider nearby.