The way your child grows, develops and even feels, can depend on how well their endocrine system is working. Endocrine disorders create hormone imbalances that can affect a child's health in many different ways. Our pediatric endocrinologists provide care, treatment, education and supportive services to children dealing with both common and rare endocrine disorders.
Made up of hormone-producing glands, the endocrine system controls many body functions such as growth and development, maturation, energy levels and mood.
And although Type 1 diabetes — also known as juvenile diabetes — is the most recognizable condition, Nemours pediatric endocrinologists treat other diseases of the endocrine system such as:
- puberty disorders: premature (precocious) puberty, delayed puberty
- growth disorders: short stature (growth failure), growth hormone deficiency
- thyroid diseases: hypothyroidism (Hashimoto’s disease), hyperthyroidism (Graves disease)
- pituitary disorders: diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism
- adrenal disorders: Addison disease, Cushing syndrome
- polycystic ovary syndrome and other menstrual disorders
- genetic disorders: Turner syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, Noonan syndrome, Russell Silver syndrome
- bone diseases and disorders of calcium and vitamin D: rickets and osteoporosis
- disorders of sexual differentiation
New JerseySpecialty Care
Hours: Friday (two per month, hours vary); call to schedule an appointment.
For Appointments: (407) 650-7715
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
Bring these forms for your first appointment:
New Patient Forms
Returning Patient Forms
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Lakeland is located at Lakeland Regional Health’s Multispecialty Grasslands Campus on Harden Boulevard.
At Nemours, we recognize the importance of the family in the care and healing process. We understand that no one knows your child better than you do — and that you’re one of the most important members of your child’s care team. That’s why we make every effort to include you in the process and to create a close relationship built on mutual respect, collaboration and education.
To ensure everyone is on the same page (including your primary care provider or pediatrician) your entire medical care team has access to our award-winning electronic health record system that keeps track of every visit, every test result and every procedure at Nemours.
And you can access select parts of your child’s health record through MyNemours, our secure portal that allows you to interact with your care providers and request prescription refills online, anytime.