Our pediatric occupational therapy program provides evaluation and treatment services for children who have difficulty performing everyday activities. We design a comprehensive pediatric occupational therapy program tailored to your child. Our goal is always to restore as much function and independence as possible.
Pediatric occupational therapy is for children with a variety of conditions, including:
- those that are present at birth (such as cerebral palsy or
- those acquired through illness (such as muscular dystrophy
or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis)
- those acquired through accident or injury (such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injury, or loss of a body part)
- those due to prematurity or developmental delay
- deficits in sensory processing, commonly seen in autism
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment so we have plenty of time to register your child in our system.
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Registration (PDF)
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Now you can access Nemours’ pediatric occupational therapy expertise at our Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills facility. We offer convenient hours and Nemours’ excellence in care.
Pediatric Occupational Therapy at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills
At Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills, our occupational therapists will work to increase your child’s independence in activities of daily living, as well as improve coordination, fine motor skills, visual motor skills and functional cognitive (thinking) skills.
Nemours occupational therapists (or “OTs,” for short) also help children who recover from an injured arm and need splints, casts and adaptive equipment, and/or who need home modifications. We can evaluate, treat and provide consultation for your child to help improve physical and cognitive (the ability to learn and process information) skills, and your child's quality of life.
If need be, our pediatric occupational therapy experts can consult with other Nemours professionals. We can also provide family education services for parents, siblings and others involved in your child’s care.
Using this family-centered approach, our pediatric occupational therapists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Glen Mills can help your child with:
- sensory disorder management
- upper extremity splinting
- muscle training and strengthening
- learning to manage daily living activities such as eating, dressing and hygiene
Pediatric Occupational Therapy That’s Fun
Often the techniques our OTs use with your child may seem like mere play. Yes, your child may have a lot of fun and even laugh during occupational therapy, but these therapies are also designed to improve specific abilities. Your child may:
- work on fine motor skills to grasp items, and to increase speed, legibility and coordination
- address hand-eye coordination, improving play skills (such as hitting a target, batting a ball, copying from a blackboard, etc.)
- learn basic tasks (such as bathing, getting dressed, brushing teeth and self feeding)
Additional pediatric occupational therapy services, including specialized types of diagnostic testing and treatment, are available at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.