For Appointments: (302) 651-4200
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
Returning Patient Forms
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
- Insurance We Accept: See accepted insurance, listed by location.
- Pay Your Bill: Use online bill pay or send by mail.
- Financial Assistance: Get help with your child's health care expenses.
- MyNemours: Access your child’s medical record online.
- Your Child's Surgery Guide (PDF) in English or Spanish: What to expect before, during and right after surgery.
Located on the second floor of the Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, the Nemours Surgical Care Center offers a highly trained pediatric plastic surgery team as well as a “surgical nurse liaison” to keep you updated about your child’s progress during surgery and to help make the process as easy as possible.
For outpatient pediatric plastic surgery, we offer the ease of a surgical center within one of the nation’s top-ranked children’s hospitals.
Our Pediatric Plastic Surgery Division has particular interest and expertise in providing care for children with:
Often our team partners with other Nemours specialists and outside experts to ensure that your child continues to receive a personalized care plan before and after surgery. These other experts, who work with a team coordinator, may include:
- dentists and oral surgeons
- orthodontists (who treat abnormally positioned teeth)
- speech-language therapists (also called speech-language pathologists)
- ENT specialists (ear, nose, and throat doctors)
- social workers
- neonatologists (doctors specializing in newborn intensive care)
- geneticists (doctors who can offer insights about genetic disorders that might have resulted in a birth defect or deformity)
- dermatologists (skin doctors)
As with any procedure at Nemours, our goal is to offer your child the most effective treatment with the minimum number of operations possible. Whether your child needs one operation or several over time, our care doesn’t end once your child leaves the hospital. Our pediatric plastic surgery team is here to serve as a resource for your family throughout the entire process.
What to Expect With Pediatric Surgery
If your child needs surgery, you can trust our pediatric surgical team at Nemours. Our pediatric surgical specialists (surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses) understand what kids need, psychologically and physically. Our guidebook provides step-by-step instructions and information about what to expect before, during and right after surgery at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
Top 10 Things Kids Need to Know About Surgery
Take your child on a pediatric surgery video tour with Sheridan on her surgery day. This fun, kid-friendly video shows children and teens what to expect, step-by-step, if they need an operation at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.