For Appointments: (302) 651-4200
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
- Patient Presents Without Legal Guardian (PDF)
English | Spanish
Note: A parent or legal guardian must be with a child for a first visit.
Resources for Patients & Families
Pediatric pulmonary specialists (pulmonologists — lung and respiratory care doctors) at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, evaluate, diagnose, treat and provide long-term management for infants, children and teenagers with a variety of lung and airway diseases. They are also involved in several research activities.
Respiratory Therapy Team
Our pulmonary specialists and nurses work hand in hand with certified respiratory therapists.
These specialists provide a variety of services including:
- supplying medical gases needed for treatment
- managing ventilator support
- giving aerosol medications
- performing pulmonary function testing
- educating families about equipment provided for home use
Our Goal for Your Child
No matter what your child’s condition, we recognize the importance of the family in the care and healing process. Because many of the children we see have chronic (long-term) illnesses that require repeated visits, we are committed to building strong relationships with families. We’re also committed to teaching our patients and their families about their condition and how best to manage it. Through education, we can help improve your child’s quality of life, and also often decrease the number of school days your child misses as well as the number of times he or she requires emergency hospital care.