Hypospadias is when the opening that carries urine out of the body is on the underside of the penis instead of the tip. You might feel worried if your son is born with this condition, but you should know that it is a common condition and that Nemours pediatric urologists are experienced at repairing the problem and restoring the appearance and function of your child’s penis.
Phone: (407) 650-7000
- photo ID
- medical and pharmacy insurance cards
- preferred pharmacy name and phone number
- names and dosage of all medications, including over-the-counter medication, your child is currently taking
- guardianship and custody papers, if a legal guardian rather than a parent accompanies your child
The Division of Pediatric Urology at our Orlando clinic is the area’s first and most experienced subspecialty fellowship trained pediatric urology program.
This means our urology specialists bring extensive knowledge and expertise to the management and treatment of your child’s urological condition, from simple to complex disorders involving the urinary tract or genitalia.
In fact, our physicians are the only pediatric urologists in Central Florida who regularly perform robotic surgery and lecture throughout the country on advanced surgical techniques for urologic surgery.
Perhaps most important of all, our pediatric urology team understands the unique needs of children and the concerns of parents. We take the time to answer all your questions, and to provide sensitive, compassionate care for your child.
Among the services we provide are:
- complete urologic assessment
- pediatric gynecologic assessment
- reconstructive surgery of urinary tract or genitalia
- minimally invasive surgery
- robotic surgery
- reviews of voiding studies, voiding cystourethrogram (VCUG) (x-ray images of a person's urinary system) ultrasounds and other radiologic studies
We also participate in a Spina Bifida Clinic that gives children with this condition access to a coordinated team of specialists — including orthopedists, neurosurgeons, and urologists — who manage all of their medical needs in one place.
Expertise in Pediatric Urologic Surgery
Our pediatric urologists perform robotic surgery using the da Vinci® robotic system at Arnold Palmer’s Children’s Hospital.
Learn more about urologic surgery at Nemours »
You Can Talk to Us
When your child has a medical problem, you want to be able to clearly express what is wrong and to understand any explanations about your child's condition
and treatment. This communication can be challenging if English is not your
That's why it's good to know that several of our urology team members and
doctors are bilingual, and can speak with you in English or Spanish if you
wish. Nemours Children's Clinic, Orlando, also offers translation services for