Code Black (Threat by Telephone or other Verbal Communication Device)
Listen to the caller carefully and make the following notes:
- Time of call
- Description of callers voice
- Male or female
- Young or old
- Tone of voice
- Any background noise
- Try and keep the caller on the line while asking the following questions
- When will this happen?
- What is it?
- Where is it?
- What does it look like?
- Why are you doing this?
- What is your name?
- Would you like to speak to a manager?
- Once the caller hangs up, immediately report bomb threat by calling 53 5555 using a landline phone
- Do not discuss threat with or alarm patients, visitors or families.
- Do not use two way radios or cell phones
Code Black (Threat by Mail or Other Written Communication)
Report suspicious package, letter or email immediately by calling 53 5555 using a landline phone
- Recognition of Suspicious Packages and Letters:
- Unidentified package with an uneven weight distribution
- Unusual odor, excessive wrapping, grease marks
- Visible wiring or tinfoil
- Unusually heavy for size
- Rigid contents in a flexible envelope
- Poor handwriting, spelling, or too many stamps affixed to package/envelope
- Hand delivered by an unknown source
- Place package or letter in an isolated area. Do not tamper with the package.
- Immediately call 53 5555 to report possible threat
- Do not use two-way radios or cell phones
- Threat must be cleared before resuming use of these items
- Command Center will contact 911 and Administrator on Call who will assign a manager to work with Police/Fire officers
- They will coordinate search of the building
- Do not evacuate unless ordered to do so
Location of the Emergency Management Plan: This 500 page document is physically located in or with Administration, Safety Officer, Emergency Management Officer, and in the Incident Command Code Delta box. A digital link to this plan is available only through the Nemours intranet.