Workplace Violence is defined as: Any behaviors, including overt acts of violence, threats of violence, physical and verbal intimidation, and verbal abuse, which causes a person to feel a reasonable concern for his or her safety while at AIDHC, should call 53-5555 and ask for a “Security Alert” to the specific location where the incident is occurring.
Examples of workplace violence may include, but are not limited to:
- Physical violence
- Intentionally destroying property
- Threats of violence and harm, acts of aggression or intimidation, whether direct, indirect or veiled
- Relay to security personnel the specified threat if weapons or explosives were mentioned.
- Advocating or threatening the illegal use of weapons or explosives
- Instigating, facilitating or encouraging violent behavior
Location of the Emergency Management Plan: This 500 page document is physically located in or with Administration, Safety Officer, Emergency Management Officer, and in the Incident Command Code Delta box. A digital link to this plan is available only through the Nemours intranet.