FACILITY ALERT - SPILL RESPONSE
If a FACILITY ALERT - SPILL RESPONSE is called:
- Avoid the contaminated area until all clear
- Direct patients, families, and visitors on how to avoid the area until all clear
If a spill is encountered:
- Notify surrounding persons to avoid area
- Do NOT touch potentially hazardous spills. Wait for assistance.
- Activate a FACILITY ALERT - SPILL RESPONSE by calling the Command Center at 53-5555
- Location of spill
- Approximate amount of spill or size of spill (ex: 2 gallons)
- Contents of spill if known
Report to the Command Center the:
- If applicable, fill out an Incident Report
Location of the Emergency Management Plan: This 500 page document is physically located in or with Administration, Safety Officer, Emergency Management Officer, and in the Incident Command Code Delta box. A digital link to this plan is available only through the Nemours intranet.