Workplace Violence is defined as: Any behaviors, including overt acts of violence, threats of violence, physical and verbal intimidation, and verbal abuse, which causes a person to feel a reasonable concern for his or her safety while at NCH, should call 57-5555 and ask for a “Security Alert” to the specific location where the incident is occurring.
Examples of workplace violence may include, but are not limited to:
- Physical violence
- Intentionally destroying property
- Threats of violence and harm, acts of aggression or intimidation, whether direct, indirect or veiled
In a violence/security alert incident:
- You witness loud, abusive language on the NCH campus.
- You witness increased, escalating violent behavior on the NCH campus.
- An NCH Associate has a perception of a potential/or real violent threat to either themselves, an Associate, patient, or visitor.
To initiate a Security Alert, call The Logistics Center (TLC) at 57-5555. Then:
- Provide your name and location.
- Give a description of the incident.
- Who is involved?
- Age/Gender/Race of the involved
- Relay to security personnel the specified threat if weapons or explosives were mentioned
- Remain calm. Security is on its way.
- Evacuate patients and staff away from the area.