Temporary Visitor Restrictions
To keep you and your child safe, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented temporary visitor restrictions at all Nemours Children's locations and require that everyone age 2 and older wear an approved mask at all times while inside a Nemours Children's facility.
Masks must fit snugly around the nose and mouth, with no major gaps. The following are not permitted: masks and respirators with valves or vents, scarves, bandanas, masks with holes or tears, knitted masks, neck gaiters. If you do not have an approved mask, one will be provided to you.
Learn more about our temporary visitor restrictions by reading our Visitor Policy (PDF).
For inpatient admissions and emergency department visits:
- We are asking families to name one or two healthy parents/caregivers to be a patient’s approved visitors for the full hospital stay. Only these people may visit. All others, including siblings, cannot come into the hospital.
- While up to two designated caregivers are allowed at the bedside at both hospitals, only one caregiver is permitted in the procedure and surgery waiting areas.
- The designated caregivers will undergo a health screening upon arriving at the hospital entrance. The screening includes answering a few quick questions. After passing the screening, the designated caregivers may enter the building. Anyone who leaves the hospital will be screened again when they return.
- Designated caregivers who have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever or cough, shortness of breath or sore throat, will not be allowed in the hospital. Those who have had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 10 days or who have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days will also not be permitted entry. If you are sick, please stay home.
For outpatient visits to primary care, urgent care and specialty care:
- In the Delaware Valley we are limiting visitors to two healthy adult caregivers.
- In Florida we are limiting visitors to one healthy adult caregiver.
- Siblings are not allowed at the visit, with the exception of breastfeeding infants.
This policy is subject to change. We are monitoring the situation daily and ask for your help in protecting our patients, their families and associates.
NOTE: The Nemours Children's Visitor Policy applies only at our locations. Policies at our affiliated hospitals may be different.
Delaware Valley — One healthy parent or caregiver will be permitted to ride in the ambulance with the patient.
Florida — One healthy, COVID-19 vaccinated parent or caregiver will be permitted to ride in the ambulance with the patient.