Temporary Visitor Restrictions
To keep you and your child safe, and to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented temporary visitor restrictions at all Nemours clinical locations and are requiring that everyone age 2 and older wear an approved mask at all times while inside a Nemours facility. If you have a cloth or disposable mask, you are encouraged to wear it when you come to any Nemours location. Masks must fit snugly around the nose and mouth, with no major gaps. The following are not permitted: masks and respirators with valves or vents, scarves, bandanas, masks with holes or tears, knitted masks, neck gaiters. If you do not have an approved mask, one will be provided to you.
For inpatient admissions and emergency department visits:
- We are asking families to name one or two healthy parents/caregivers to be a patient’s approved visitors for the full hospital stay. Only these people may visit. All others, including siblings, cannot come into the hospital.
- While up to two designated caregivers are allowed at the bedside at both hospitals, only one caregiver is permitted in the procedure and surgery waiting areas at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children due to the compact physical space there and the need to maintain proper social distancing. Two approved caregivers are permitted in the procedure and surgery waiting areas at Nemours Children’s Hospital.
- The designated caregivers will undergo a health screening upon arriving at the hospital entrance. The screening includes answering a few quick questions and having a temperature check. After passing the screening, the designated caregivers may enter the building. Anyone who leaves the hospital will be screened again when they return.
- Designated caregivers who have symptoms of COVID-19, including fever or cough, shortness of breath or sore throat, will not be allowed in the hospital. Those who have had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 10 days or who have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days will also not be permitted entry. If you are sick, please stay home.
At times during the COVID-19 emergency, it may be necessary for Nemours to care for patients over the age of 21. These patients cannot have visitors.
For outpatient visits to primary care, urgent care and specialty care:
- To ensure proper social distancing in these compact spaces, we are limiting visitors to one healthy parent or adult caregiver.
- We understand there are times when two caregivers may want to attend an appointment. At many Nemours specialty care offices in Florida we may be able to accommodate two caregivers, however this is not possible at our Lake Mary, FL location or any of our primary care or urgent care offices. If the care team determines it is not safe to include two caregivers in the exam room, one caregiver will need to sit in the waiting room if space allows or return to the car and participate in the appointment via phone call or video chat.
This process is subject to change. We are monitoring the situation daily and appreciate your help in protecting your child and others.
NOTE: These policies apply only at Nemours locations. Policies at our affiliated hospitals may be different.
Parents and caregivers will not be permitted to ride in ambulances with patients. They should plan to follow the ambulance to the destination.