What to Expect at In Person Visits
We’re following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state governments, as well as our own infectious disease experts, to make sure every Nemours facility is safe to visit. Here’s what we’re doing to protect your child and you:
Limiting Visitors (Two Types of Visits)
For inpatient admissions and emergency department visits:
- At Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Delaware and Nemours Children’s Hospital in Florida, families may have one or two approved healthy visitors in the patient room, but only one of those approved visitors is permitted in the procedure and surgery waiting areas. For more information read our policy (PDF).
For outpatient visits to urgent care, specialty care and primary care offices, and for procedure and surgery waiting areas:
- To ensure proper social distancing in these compact spaces, we are limiting visitors to one healthy parent or caregiver for each patient. Siblings and other family or friends may not be at these visits.
Keeping our facilities safe
- Requiring everyone age 2 years and older to wear a mask while in a Nemours location. If you or your child do not have a mask, we will provide one. For tips on helping your child get used to a mask, read our Masking Tips (PDF). If your child may not like wearing a mask, read our Masking Social Story (PDF) with your child.
- Performing a mandatory health screening on all staff, patients and visitors as soon as they arrive at a Nemours location. The screening includes answering a few quick questions and having a no-touch temperature check. Only those who pass the screening will be allowed in the facility.
- Limiting the number of patients in our offices at one time, changing waiting area layouts and adjusting patient flows to ensure proper social distancing.
- Providing colorful signage to guide families in staying at least six feet apart while in our facilities.
- Performing daily deep cleaning of our locations to kill any virus on surfaces
- Providing ongoing training of our doctors, nurses and staff to ensure they are following the best practices in prevention of COVID-19.
- Providing free COVID-19 information online at KidsHealth from Nemours
Check out this video for more information on what we're doing to keep our patient families safe during outpatient visits to our Primary Care offices.