What to Expect at In Person Visits
We’re following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state governments, as well as our own infectious disease experts, to make sure every Nemours facility is safe to visit. Here’s what we’re doing to protect your child and you:
Limiting Visitors (Two Types of Visits)
For inpatient admissions and emergency department visits:
- At Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Delaware and Nemours Children’s Hospital in Florida, families may have one or two approved healthy visitors in the patient room.
- While two designated caregivers are allowed at the bedside at both hospitals, only one caregiver is permitted in the procedure and surgery waiting areas.
For outpatient visits:
- At primary care, urgent care and specialty care offices: To ensure proper social distancing, we ask you to limit visitors to healthy adult caregivers.
Learn more by reading Nemours Visitor Policy (PDF).
Keeping our facilities safe
- Requiring everyone age 2 years and older to wear an approved mask at all times while in a Nemours location. Mask must fit snugly around the nose and mouth, with no major gaps. The following are not permitted: masks and respirators with valves or vents, scarves, bandanas, masks with holes or tears, knitted masks, neck gaiters. If you or your child do not have an approved mask, we will provide one. For tips on helping your child get used to a mask, read our Masking Tips (PDF). If your child may not like wearing a mask, read our Masking Social Story (PDF) with your child.
- Performing a mandatory health screening on all staff, patients and visitors as soon as they arrive at a Nemours location. The screening includes answering a few quick questions. Only those who pass the screening will be allowed in the facility.
- Limiting the number of patients in our offices at one time, changing waiting area layouts and adjusting patient flows to ensure proper social distancing.
- Providing colorful signage to guide families in keeping space around them while in our facilities.
- Performing daily deep cleaning of our locations to kill any virus on surfaces
- Providing ongoing training of our doctors, nurses and staff to ensure they are following the best practices in prevention of COVID-19.
- Providing free COVID-19 information online at KidsHealth from Nemours
Check out this video for more information on what we're doing to keep our patient families safe during outpatient visits to our Primary Care offices.