Get in touch with the right contacts for all of our services.
On Sept. 25, 2013, nearly 200 families, children and other special guests celebrated the opening of Nemours' newest outpatient practice in Bryn Mawr, Pa. Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, brings outpatient surgical and therapy services and pediatric specialty services closer to many Delaware Valley families. Every detail in this facility has been designed to enhance a superior health care delivery experience for patients, families and providers. The ribbon cutting was a celebration of the work and input of the many individuals who played a role in the design and construction of this new practice.
- While this is the third Nemours duPont Pediatrics location to open in 2013, Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, has its own unique pedigree. As part of Nemours' continuous improvement journey, a multidisciplinary team applied principles of integrated facility design, or IFD, to develop this space. The team focused on incorporating improvements in our operations into the new facility, using data to determine space needs, breaking down barriers to make the best use of the space and using mock-ups of the physical space to test our design.
- The Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Surgery Center, Bryn Mawr, features Nemours surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses. Many Nemours surgical specialists will have offices in the building to make pre-surgical consultations and follow-up appointments more convenient for surgical patients. Specialties performing surgery include ENT (otolaryngology), gastroenterology, general surgery, plastic surgery, urology, ophthalmology and orthopedics.
- Nemours physical, occupational and speech therapy, and sports medicine rehabilitation are provided in a specially designed gym. This facility includes more than 3,500 square feet of therapy space featuring a plyometric and agility area, 27-yard indoor running lane and a comprehensive concussion testing and management program.
- Nemours pediatric specialists see patients for cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general surgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, plastic surgery, sports medicine and urology. If needed, more specialists are available at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del., just 45 minutes away.
- For added convenience, X-rays are available on-site.
" This is a special occasion for Nemours and, most importantly, for the children of this community. With the opening of Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr, we designed and built a practice that builds on the past, looks to the future and supports our goal of providing families the highest quality care and the best possible experience."
— Roy Proujansky MD, Chief Executive for Nemours Delaware Valley Operations