Get in touch with the right contacts for all of our services.
Help Our Kids Radiothon Raises More Than $257,700
Nemours Partners With Delmarva Broadcasting for Radiothon
On September 3 and 4, 2014, the Help Our Kids Radiothon was held at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. For 24 hours (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day), seven different Delmarva Broadcasting Company radio stations broadcasted live from the hospital’s cafeteria sharing with their listeners stories of hope, courage, and compassion from our patients, patient families, and clinicians. As the clock hit 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, the total amount raised was announced: $257,753.
Donations came steadily throughout the two-day event via a phone bank and online giving. There were also those who donated in person, inspired by what they heard on their favorite radio station.
- 4th Annual Help Our Kids Radiothon to benefit Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
- Delmarva Broadcasting Company radio stations that participated: WDEL 1150 AM, WSTW 93.7 FM, Eagle 97.7 FM, WXCY 103.7 FM, Cool 101.3 FM, 105.9 FM, and La Exitosa 104.1 FM.
- More than 175 volunteers, including Nemours Associates and community members, shared their valuable time to make the Radiothon such a success.
- An overview of the Help Our Kids Radiothon, including all our sponsors and John Glenn’s story (this year’s Radiothon ambassador) are online at www.nemours.org/radiothon.
- This year’s Radiothon featured an official song, by local singer/songwriter John Scargall. “That Wind’s Always Gonna Blow,” was the soundtrack for our promotional Radiothon video.
“Every year I am amazed at the outpouring of support from the community. This is a wonderful event that not only raises funds for the hospital but also gives us an opportunity to showcase our remarkable patients and their families. We are so grateful for the radio stations of Delmarva Broadcasting Company, who are the generous sponsors of this exciting event.”
— Marie Hiddeman,
Associate Director of Fund Development, Nemours Fund for Children's Health
“The community support for this year’s Radiothon has been overwhelming and humbling. As we complete our duPont Hospital for Children expansion, it’s important to emphasize that all the money raised will be used to make this a hospital like no other in the region and help kids from Delaware and beyond grow up healthy and reach their full potential.”
— Roy Proujansky, MD,
Chief Executive of Nemours Delaware Valley Operations
Help Our Kids Radiothon volunteers feverishly answering phones in the final minutes of the event.
14-year-old Derek Fisher, with this parents Nicole and Derrell, from Newark, DE, were one of the dozens of families who shared their story during the 4th Annual Help Our Kids Radiothon.