Get in touch with the right contacts for all of our services.
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children partners once again with Delmarva Broadcasting Company for annual Radiothon.
On September 6 and 7, 2017, the Help Our Kids Radiothon was held at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. For 24 hours (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. each day), six Delmarva Broadcasting Company radio stations broadcasted live from the hospital’s Anthony N Fusco, Sr. Atrium sharing with their listeners stories of hope, courage, and compassion from our patients, patient families, and clinicians. As the clock hit 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, the total amount raised was announced: $345,982. This makes the 7 year total more than $1.6 million.
Donations came steadily throughout the two-day event via a phone bank and online giving. There were also those who donated in person, inspired by what they heard on their favorite radio station.
- More than $1.6 million has been raised via the Help Our Kids Radiothon. This year, the money benefits the Child Life Department at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
- Delmarva Broadcasting Company radio stations that participated this year: WDEL 101.7 FM, WSTW 93.7 FM, Eagle 97.7 FM, WXCY 103.7 FM, Cool 101.3 FM, and Delaware 105.9 FM.
- More than 150 volunteers, including Nemours Associates and community members, shared their valuable time to make the Radiothon such a success.
- This brief video gives a recap of the 2-day event.
- An overview of the Help Our Kids Radiothon, including all our sponsors and Parker Diskin’s story (this year’s Radiothon ambassador) are online at www.nemours.org/radiothon
- This year’s Radiothon featured visits by the Phillie Phanatic, Caesar the Fox from the 87ers as well as a performance by singer/songwriter Katrina Woolverton.