Get in touch with the right contacts for all of our services.
Nemours Childrens Health System Named to Most Wired List for 2015
Third time both Nemours hospitals receive recognition
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE, and Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, FL, have both been named to the 17th annual Hospitals and Health Networks magazine 2015 Most Wired List. This is the fifth consecutive year duPont Hospital for Children made the list, while Nemours Children’s Hospital is being recognized for the third time since opening in October 2012. “Most Wired” is a coveted distinction that acknowledges excellence in the use of information technology. Nearly a third of all hospitals nationwide responded, but only 39% of U.S hospitals made the 2015 Most Wired List.
- Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, FL, has received the Most Wired Award both years since being eligible to compete.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children was the only Delaware Valley children’s hospital to win "Most Wired".
- Nemours is a leader in the use of information technology to improve patient care.
- In 2011, the Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society (HIMSS) awarded both Nemours Children’s Hospital and Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children its Stage 7 Award which is the highest level of attainment in adopting electronic medical records.
- Nemours/ Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children participates in the Delaware Health Information Network (DHIN).
- The 2015 survey methodology sets specific requirements in each of four focus areas. The four focus areas are:
- Business and administrative management
- Clinical quality and safety
- Clinical integration (ambulatory/physician/patient/community)
“Being named to the Most Wired list is a wonderful recognition of Nemours’ leadership in the use of information technology to improve patient care. At all our locations, we share critical patient information electronically with specialists and other care providers to improve quality of care, patient safety and reduce the likelihood of medical errors.”
— Gina Altieri, CPA,
Nemours Vice President for Corporate Services
“The Most Wired data show that shared health information allows clinicians and patients to have the information they need to promote health and make the most informed decisions about treatments.”
— Rich Umbdenstock,
President and CEO of the American Hospital Association
“These Most Wired organizations represent excellence in IT leadership on the frontlines of healthcare transformation.”
— President Russell P. Branzell,
CHIME CEO, FCHIME CHCIO