Get in touch with the right contacts for all of our services.
Publix Super Markets is collaborating with Nemours Children’s Health System to enhance and expand outpatient retail pharmacy services at Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando’s Lake Nona Medical City. The newly enhanced pharmacy, which opened today, offers specialized convenience to children and their families, visitors, guests and health system employees on an outpatient basis.
"Nemours is always looking for ways to improve the experience of our patient families, and our new retail pharmacy from Publix will do just that," said Dana Nicholson Bledsoe, president of Nemours Children’s Hospital. "With expanded hours and more locations for refills, we expect this new collaboration to make life easier for those who rely on us."
"Publix Pharmacies have been dedicated to the health and wellness needs of our customers and their families," said Fred Ottolino, Publix vice president of pharmacy operations. "The opportunity to bring our level of customer care to the children at Nemours Children’s Hospital not only allows us to meet their immediate needs but also to build long-term relationships with our customers as they return home."
The Publix Pharmacy at Nemours Children’s Hospital will bring many enhancements to the children and guests including:
- Operating hours of Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Access to specialty medications for children and employees
- Bedside delivery to the hospital’s inpatient units
- Access to refills at any Publix pharmacy location
- Ease of refilling prescriptions at multiple convenient locations
- Access to certain medications available free through Publix. (These include select antibiotics, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, and immediate-release Metformin as permitted by applicable law. Certain restrictions apply; see pharmacy for details.)
Publix operates four additional pharmacies within hospital systems including Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Moffitt McKinley Campus both located in Tampa, Florida, and one within Lakeland Regional Medical Center in Lakeland, Florida.