Our Center for Sports Medicine at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE, is the area's largest pediatric sports medicine facility.
The mission of the department is to be a premier pediatric service destination for the greater Delaware Valley, providing innovative and evidenced-based treatment through our clinical leadership, passion for high standards, and our partnerships with families and the communities we serve.
Therapy & Rehabilitation
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Del.
At duPont Hospital for Children we’ve developed a large, expansive network of rehabilitation professionals (including physical, occupational and speech therapists, audiologists and rehabilitation engineers) who work to help children and teens move through all phases of recovery — from acute injury and developmental needs to wellness programming.
We use an integrated approach to care, starting with our strong partnerships with Nemours’ primary care and physician specialists.
Learn more about our therapeutic programs by visiting our discipline-specific pages:
- physical therapy
- occupational therapy
- speech & language therapy
- assistive technology
- audiology & hearing
- sports medicine
The Therapeutic & Rehabilitative Services department offers:
- inpatient services — acute care and comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation
- outpatient services — single-service therapy, comprehensive therapy day programming, wellness programming
- specialty programming — aquatics, seating and mobility, augmentative communication, vestibular rehabilitation, splinting/wound care, Interactive Metronome, feeding and swallowing, audio verbal therapy, integrative listening (ILS), sports medicine, concussion rehabilitation
We offer Therapy & Rehabilitative Services at our hospital and clinics in:
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (Wilmington, Del.)
- Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Becks Woods (Bear, Del.)
- Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr (Bryn Mawr, Pa.)
- Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Voorhees (Voorhees, N.J.)
We Are a Leader in Pediatric Rehabilitative Therapy
Our talented and respected specialists are committed to making our services the destination of choice for families who want world-class care. We’re also committed to continuing to be the preferred choice as a trusted partner and educator for health professionals in the community.
Some advantages to working with our team include:
- clinical career ladder to support personal growth and development
- internal and external multidisciplinary collaboration and partnerships
- highly accessible specialty and primary care physicians
- a great work environment and highly satisfied Associates
- a generous and extensive continuing education program
- opportunities and support for research and grant participation
- an active student program plays a role in developing new careers
- 10-hour days and flexible scheduling available whenever possible
- competitive benefits
Health System Accolades
Excellence in Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and all of its satellite locations are accredited for our single discipline, interdisciplinary outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation programs (hospital location only for inpatient) by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
- U.S. News & World Report consistently names duPont Hospital for Children among the top 10 in the country for pediatric orthopedic care.
Pediatric Patient Care
- Named one of the best children’s hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, duPont Hospital for Children is ranked in 6 specialties including: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, gastroenterology and GI surgery, nephrology, orthopedics and pulmonology.
- Our doctors consistently rank among the Best Doctors in America, year after year by Best Doctors®, Inc.
- Our family-centered care ranks in the top 20 percent in key patient satisfaction areas.
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children’s nursing program was granted Magnet status in 2012 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® as a result of our professional nursing excellence.
Quality & Safety
- Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children has the elite distinction of being named one of only 12 “Top Children's Hospitals” in the country in 2012 by the Leapfrog Group, in recognition of our exceptional quality and patient safety.
- We have excellent quality and safety outcomes, from hospital readmissions for asthma to patient survival rates to surgical infections.
Health Information & Technology
- Our advanced electronic health record (EHR) technology works seamlessly across multiple locations.
- We’re named among the Most Wired hospitals and health systems in the Hospitals & Health Networks magazine, 2013.
- We received the HIMSS Davies Organizational Award of Excellence from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) for our effective use of health information technology to improve the safety and quality of patient care.
- Nemours Center for Children's Health Media is the creator of KidsHealth.org — the No. 1 most-visited website devoted to children's health in the world.
- Our Delaware locations were named among America’s 150 Top Workplaces by WorkplaceDynamics, LLP, through a national survey of Nemours Associates.
Benefits at Nemours
Nemours offers comprehensive health coverage for Associates and their families (also same-sex domestic partners), including our unique pediatric health plan “Bridge to a Healthy Future.”
We also offer paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and a number of other benefits.
View a Complete Summary of Nemours Benefits »