Exceptional pediatric specialists, nurses and health care professionals at Nemours are keeping our promise to treat every child as our own in communities across Florida. We provide world-class, family-centered pediatric care — and great careers — at specialty clinic locations in Northeast, Northwest and Central Florida, at Nemours Children’s Hospital in Orlando, and through a network of pediatric primary care and urgent care locations in Central Florida.
Nemours Children's Hospital, Orlando
Nemours Children’s Hospital is the only children’s hospital in the region with a true academic mission. This means our pediatric teams provide the very highest level of clinical care for their patients, while actively engaging in research that will bring new treatments and cures for children everywhere.
Our children’s hospital provides exceptional, family-centered care on one of the most comprehensive and innovative health campuses in the United States.
Nemours Children’s Hospital has attracted an impressive list of world-class pediatric specialists. 60 percent of our RN nursing staff have BSN or higher degrees, setting a firm foundation for our Magnet journey.
Nemours Children’s Hospital provides much-needed pediatric specialties for Central Florida children, including:
- Emergency Department services designed just for kids, for all levels of care
- interventional radiology
- neuromuscular disorders including the region’s only Muscular Dystrophy Association-certified clinic
- orthopedics, sports medicine, limb lengthening and limb reconstruction
- physical and rehabilitation medicine
- state-of-the-art neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
Leapfrog Top Hospital
Just two years after opening, Nemours Children’s Hospital made the Leapfrog Group’s Top Hospital List. This elite distinction is awarded to hospitals nationwide for demonstrating excellence in hospital safety and quality through the Leapfrog Hospital Survey. The Leapfrog Group Top Hospital award is given to less than 7 percent of all eligible hospitals in the United States.
Nemours specialists, primary care pediatricians and other health care professionals help make exceptional care convenient in communities across Central Florida.
Expert pediatric care is offered evenings, weekends and holidays at Nemours urgent care locations in Orlando and other Central Florida communities.
The Nemours Florida Prevention Initiative (FPI) helps childcare providers teach healthy eating and exercise habits through two successful programs, Healthy Habits for Life and the 5-2-1 Almost None. This community-based effort to prevent childhood obesity has reached thousands of preschoolers in Central Florida.
Co-located in Washington, D.C. (Office of Child Health Policy and Advocacy), and Wilmington, Del., the Nemours National Office of Policy and Prevention works to promote policies and practices to improve the health and well-being of children nationwide and to promote prevention at Nemours.
Nemours Children's Health, Jacksonville
Located on downtown Jacksonville’s Southbank, overlooking the beautiful St. Johns River, Nemours Children's Health, Jacksonville, serves children and their families throughout Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia.
Our pediatric teams provide specialized outpatient pediatric care in 30 medical and surgical areas, and enjoy easy access via a connector walkway to their patients at our partner hospital, Wolfson Children’s Hospital. Our pediatric experts work with researchers throughout Nemours, as well as with specialists at Mayo Clinic Florida.
The first Nurse-driven clinic, our Continence Clinic in Jacksonville, is led by an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, and a nurse serves as chair of the Nemours Institutional Review Board for Hematology/Oncology.
Some of our widely recognized specialty medical services and programs include:
- FACT-accredited (Foundation for Accreditation of Cellular Therapies) blood and bone marrow transplant program
- Nationally recognized pediatric cancer program
- A nationally accredited Cystic Fibrosis Care Center
- In partnership with Wolfson Children’s Hospital, our specialty programs — diabetes & endocrinology, oncology, neurology, pulmonology, and urology — are named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report
- Leading-edge procedures in craniofacial surgery, cochlear implants, and urologic robotic surgery
- Advanced research in asthma, diabetes, spinal trauma, and bone density
Extending Our Care Regionally
Nemours pediatric specialists and other health professionals care for children at our specialty locations within the greater Jacksonville area and beyond.
- Nemours Children's Health, Fleming Island: This satellite location offers Nemours’ specialty pediatric care — follow-up and ongoing — as well as imaging and audiology services to children and teens in Clay County.
- Nemours Children's Health, Jacksonville South: Another extension of our pediatric specialty care, this satellite office — located in Jacksonville’s Southside and Mandarin areas, offers follow-up, ongoing and specialty care, imaging and audiology services.
Nemours Home Office
Nemours’ corporate headquarters is located in Jacksonville and hosts all of our business operations, including the offices of Nemours’ President, and our CFO. Nearly 400 employees work out of this central campus, specializing in a range of areas from marketing and communications, to finance, human resources, legal, and compliance.
Nemours Children's Health, Pensacola
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Pensacola is conveniently located on the campus of West Florida Hospital and offers primary care and pediatric specialty services to children and teens in Northwest Florida and South Alabama — serving as a much-needed resource for children with complicated health issues.The professional nursing practice at Nemours Children’s specialty Care in Pensacola strives for excellence in patient and family care through relationship-based care and collaboration with expert clinicians.
Highlights of our programs include:
- An ear, nose and throat (ENT) program that serves as a referral center for children with complex ENT problems, throughout the area
- The area’s only fellowship-trained pediatric urologist
- A nationally recognized pediatric diabetes self-management education program
- Advanced cardiac care and one of only a few accredited pediatric transthoracic echolabs and fetal labs in Florida
Extending Our Care Regionally
Nemours pediatric specialists and other health professionals care for children at our specialty locations within the Pensacola area and beyond.
Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Miramar Beach: Located in Florida’s Emerald Coast, this satellite office provides follow-up care to children and teens.