Top 10 Reasons to Train Here
Nemours Children’s Hospital (NCH) opened in October 2012 in response to our community’s need for a free-standing, state-of-the-art children’s hospital. The goal: to address the issues of limited access to coordinated subspecialty care, and fragmented pediatric health care delivery in Orange County and throughout Florida.
- Nemours Children’s Health System is entirely focused on the unique needs of children. As a pediatric organization, our care and environments are tailored specifically to kids.
- We invest in children, families, research, prevention and education to address evolving community health needs. We aim to provide leadership and services that restore and improve the health of children, with a high standard of quality — regardless of the patient’s financial status.
- Our faculty includes world-renowned experts in rare, complex pediatric conditions who are eager to teach you.
- Our location in Orlando’s Lake Nona Medical City is a beautiful setting for a children’s hospital like no other.
- We teach a care model that’s truly patient-centered. We honor the diversity of each family’s specific needs, opinions, beliefs, religions and cultural backgrounds — all of which can impact how they would like to receive care.
- We care for the underserved outside of our hospital and outpatient practices by going into settings that provide institutional care, pediatric medical day care, LGBTQ services, migrant farm worker clinics, special young athlete programs and more.
- Our research and clinical trials are changing the lives of children around the world — even those who never enter our doors.
- We have an established culture of quality and safety, with a tireless focus on continuous improvement.
- Our spirit of innovation means we use leading health care technologies such as telehealth, simulation and electronic health records.
- You have the opportunity to help build and shape the organization and its programs through meaningful work.