"Hear We Go" 5K and Family Fun Day
Sunday, May 5, 2019
Join us for the 11th annual "Hear We Go" 5K and Family Fun Day.
Hearing is a critical part of every child's social, emotional and cognitive development. Your participation will benefit clinical and research programs at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, related to hearing loss and hearing conservation in children in our community.
The "Hear We Go" 5K will take place on the exquisite grounds of Nemours Estate — arguably the largest and most beautiful formal French garden in North America. The event concludes with fun family activities, live entertainment, refreshments and an educational fair.
Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female runners in eight different age groups.
Event Info & Registration
Date: Sunday, May 5, 2019
Time: Race starts at 10 a.m.
Place: Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children and Nemours Estate
Registration, entertainment, refreshments and the educational fair will take place on the grounds of Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. The run/walk portion of the event will remain on the grounds of the Nemours Estate. There is ample parking available in the hospital parking lots located off Rockland Road.
Onsite registration the day of the event will begin at 9 a.m. on the grounds of Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children. Register Online
- $20 for early bird registration through April 1
- $25 pre-registration prior to 2 p.m. on May 2
- $30 on the day of the event
Pre-registration pick up will be available Friday, May 3, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Anthony N. Fusco, Sr. Atrium at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children.
Ways to Give
When you register online, a fundraising page will be setup just for you. Reach out to friends and family members and ask them to sponsor you on the big day. Register Online
Can’t attend the event but want to help? That’s okay – you still have the opportunity to support the cause. Support a participant by donating to his or her page or simply donate here.
All contributions are securely processed, tracked online and benefit our clinical and research programs at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children related to hearing loss and hearing conservation in children in our community.
Awards will be given to the top three fundraising individuals, to the top three fundraising teams and to the top three teams with the most team members.
Proceeds raised from this event have been used to purchase:
- hearing aids made available through our loaner bank, which provides temporary aids to children who are waiting for repairs or replacements
- hearing aid testing equipment for use with our Amish and Mennonite families seen at the Clinic for Special Children
- audio/visual equipment used to improve therapy services for cochlear implant patients at our hospital as well as patients treated remotely via the Audiology Telemedicine Program
- research funding for support of an ongoing study of medication effects on hearing in kids with ADHD, as well as for the purchase of a video visual reinforcement system used for testing young children with hearing disorders
- auditory recording and genetic testing supplies used in collaborative research between Nemours and the Clinic for Special Children
Become a Sponsor
We invite local businesses and corporations to become sponsors of the 11th Annual "Hear We Go" 5K.