"Hear We Go" 5K and Family Fun Day
As part of our commitment to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the 13th Annual "Hear We Go" 5K and Family Fun Day will remain a virtual event. But the importance of our mission remains the same.
Our highest priority at Nemours is to ensure the health and safety of our children, families, associates and community. For this reason, we made the decision to host this year's "Hear We Go" 5K once again in a virtual format. Although we are disappointed that "Hear We Go" 5K cannot take place in person, we are excited to help our families stay active and continue to help our kids affected by hearing loss.
You can participate by registering to run or walk, setting up a fundraising team or simply making a tax-deductible donation to a special team or runner. As in past years, we will be giving awards to the top-fundraising team, as well as top individual fundraiser. We'll also be giving a ton of incentive prizes out between now and April. So make sure to register, recruit your team, and let's see what we can do together in support of our kids.
As a partner in the community and a leader in children's health care, Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children is committed to ensuring that our patients are given the highest level of care and the opportunity to live healthy lives. Your support will enable us to keep moving forward, even in the most challenging of times.
Thank you again, from the bottom of our hearts.
View Details »
Ways to Give
When you register online, a fundraising page will be setup just for you. Reach out to friends and family members and ask them to sponsor you on the big day. Register Online »
Can’t attend the event but want to help? That’s okay – you still have the opportunity to support the cause. Support a participant by donating to his or her page or simply donate here.
All contributions are securely processed, tracked online and benefit our clinical and research programs at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children related to hearing loss and hearing conservation in children in our community.
Hear We Go 5K Team and Individual Challenges
Your fundraising efforts are key to our meeting our event goal of $40,000. We are so grateful for your commitment to the success of the 13th annual Hear We Go 5K, so we have some really great prizes for those reaching the following milestones:
- First team to raise $500 online
- First individual to raise $200 online
- Top fundraising team on February 28 at 6 p.m.
- Top fundraising team on March 31 at 6 p.m.
Follow our register online link to also keep up to date with current fundraising virtual events including a silent auction each month leading up to the race.
Proceeds raised from this event have been used to purchase:
- hearing aids made available through our loaner bank, which provides temporary aids to children who are waiting for repairs or replacements
- hearing aid testing equipment for use with our Amish and Mennonite families seen at the Clinic for Special Children
- audio/visual equipment used to improve therapy services for cochlear implant patients at our hospital as well as patients treated remotely via the Audiology Telemedicine Program
- research funding for support of an ongoing study of medication effects on hearing in kids with ADHD, as well as for the purchase of a video visual reinforcement system used for testing young children with hearing disorders
- auditory recording and genetic testing supplies used in collaborative research between Nemours and the Clinic for Special Children