Adult Volunteer Program
Volunteers at Nemours are valued members of the health care team providing services to more than 80 departments through the hospital and outpatient sites located in Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Many work directly with patients and their families. Others choose to work behind the scenes, supporting the staff in clerical and reception roles. Online applications are available from September through April each year.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must make a commitment to serve at least 50 hours over a 6-month period
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must be willing to learn the skills necessary to be competent in the assigned duties and responsiblities
Complete and submit the online application, explaining why you would like to participate in our program.
In addition, complete and submit the required forms:
- via Fax (302) 651-4083
- scan and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- hand-deliver to the Volunteer Services office at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Road, Wilmington, DE, 19803
Applications will not be reviewed if we do not receive both the application and the required forms.
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with additional requirements you will need to complete. Once you complete those requirements, you will need to attend an interview/information session.
After you attend one of our interview/information sessions and if we are able to make a match, you will be required to:
- clear background screenings
- gain medical clearances (including urine drug screen)
- complete online training