Other Income and the Trust
Combined with our other sources of income, your gift will have a multiplying effect, adding greatly to everything we do at Nemours.
At Nemours Children's Health System, donations from corporations and individuals like you make up the final step in our monetary equation, helping us be able to truly provide the best possible care for our kids.
- Nemours x 1 = The first funding source for Nemours comes from insurance and patient revenue. This adds up to cover 81 percent of our operating costs, and is a great first step in arriving at the final solution of ensuring safe, positive and rewarding outcomes for our kids.
- Nemours x 2 = The portion we get each year from the Alfred I. duPont Charitable Trust covers an additional 12.6 percent of our operating costs. This sum really helps us earn high marks and deliver an even greater breadth and depth of care to each and every child.*
- Nemours x you = ? The remaining 6.4 percent, including donations from corporations and individuals like you, helps us multiply all of our efforts to reach the levels of care that earn us national rankings. Your gift can yield truly great results and will make a difference for a multitude of children in need, impacting and improving their health and lives.
Results of recent gifts:
Gifts like yours can make possible some very real, important and tangible results. Recent examples of the singular difference philanthropy has made include:
- In Delaware, generous gifts allowed Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware to make enhancements in its ability to research, diagnose and treat autism.
- In Jacksonville, Fla., an endowment was established to support a fellow in childhood cancer research at Nemours Children's Health, Jacksonville.
- In Orlando, philanthropy gave us the ability to purchase and equip a pediatric transport vehicle to transport critically ill newborns, children and adolescents as needed to Nemours Children’s Hospital.
Future projects to be made possible by philanthropy:
Going forward, we're seeking to fund some very specific, life-changing efforts:
- In Delaware, the Nemours Neuroscience Center at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware treats children and teens with conditions affecting the brain and behavior. We're raising funds to support cutting-edge programs, equipment and research to ultimately provide world-class care for children of all ages with a wide range of conditions, from autism to spina bifida.
- In Jacksonville, the Nemours Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, delivers top-notch, family-and-patient-centered pediatric oncology and hematology care. Funds raised will support the expansion of clinical and support services, in addition to enhanced equipment and research.
- In Orlando, we're fundraising for a number of worthy goals, including support for our Orthopedics and Sports Medicine programs — especially with the heightened attention from our recently announced partnership with the United States Tennis Association (USTA). We're also looking to support our Pediatric Interventional Radiology department and our Cardiac Center.