Collaborating for Kids
Children and teens often have different medical needs than adults do. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Bryn Mawr Hospital to offer specialized pediatric expertise.
Combining Bryn Mawr Hospital’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Bryn Mawr Hospital for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our physicians provide consultations for children and teens in Bryn Mawr Hospital’s Pediatric Emergency Department. That means Bryn Mawr Hospital physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day. The Pediatric Emergency Department is designed exclusively for children; it features specialized equipment and exam rooms and a kid-friendly waiting area.
- Pediatric unit care — A team of Nemours pediatric hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents) provides care in the hospital’s pediatric suite, which features 16 private inpatient pediatric beds.
- Newborn care — Nemours neonatologists (newborn medicine specialists) care for newborns in the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Our hospitalists attend high-risk deliveries and stabilize sick newborns for transport if necessary.
Nemours and Bryn Mawr Hospital also work together to:
- assist families who don’t have a primary care pediatrician in finding one for ongoing care
- coordinate with your child’s physician
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, Del.
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours duPont Pediatrics, Bryn Mawr or duPont Hospital for Children