Collaborating for Kids
Children and teens often have different medical needs than adults do. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center to offer specialized pediatric expertise to children and families in Polk County.
Combining Heart of Florida’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our physicians provide consultations for children and teens in Heart of Florida’s Emergency Department. That means Heart of Florida physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day.
- Pediatric unit care — A team of Nemours pediatric hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents) provides care in the hospital’s pediatric unit.
- Newborn care — Nemours hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents) provide newborn consultations in the hospital’s newborn nursery.
Nemours and Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center also work together to:
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando
- coordinate care, when needed, with specialists at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Davenport; Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Lakeland or Nemours Children’s Hospital
- offer a telehealth connection — Caregivers at Heart of Florida use Nemours CareConnect technology for online video consultations with Nemours physicians. In this way, Nemours can help deliver the best care possible to Heart of Florida’s pediatric patients.