Collaborating for Kids
Adult care is not always the best fit for children’s medical needs. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Osceola Regional Medical Center to offer specialized pediatric expertise to children and families in and around Kissimmee, Fla.
Combining Osceola Regional’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Osceola Regional Medical Center for:
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our physicians provide consultations for children and teens in Osceola Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department. That means Osceola Regional physicians ask our pediatric specialists for their expertise in order to give children the best possible care from doctors who treat kids every day.
- General Pediatric and Pediatric Intensive Care unit — A team of Nemours pediatric critical care physicians (board-certified in pediatric critical care medicine who are experts in treating hospitalized children and adolescents) provide care in the hospital’s general pediatric and pediatric intensive care unit.
- Newborn care — Nemours neonatologists (newborn medicine specialists) provide consultations and neonatal care in the hospital’s newborn nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Nemours and Osceola Regional Medical Center also work together to:
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Kissimmee or Nemours Children’s Hospital
- offer a telehealth connection — Caregivers at Osceola Regional Medical Center use Nemours CareConnect technology for online video consultations with Nemours physicians. In this way, specialists at Nemours Children’s Hospital can help deliver the best health care possible to Osceola Regional’s pediatric patients.