Collaborating for Kids
Kids are differnt than adults, and often need pecialized pediatric care. That’s why Nemours Children’s Health System collaborates with Parrish Medical Center to offer our pediatric expertise to children and families in Brevard County.
Combining Parrish Medical Center’s own highly trained staff with our advanced pediatric care demonstrates our shared belief that kids do better when we work together.
What Nemours Offers at This Location
Nemours pediatric specialists are available around-the-clock at Parrish Medical Center for:
- Newborn care — Nemours hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents) provide newborn consultations and neonatal care in the hospital’s nursery.
- Emergency Department (ED) care — Our physicians provide consultations for children and teens, as needed, in the hospital’s Emergency Department.
- Pediatric unit care — A team of Nemours pediatric hospitalists (board-certified pediatricians who are experts in treating hospitalized infants, children and adolescents) provides care in the hospital’s pediatric unit.
Nemours and Parrish Medical Center also work together to:
- facilitate the transfer of extremely ill children to Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando
- coordinate care, when needed, with our specialists at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Titusville; Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Melbourne or Nemours Children’s Hospital
- offer a telehealth connection — Caregivers at Parrish Medical Center use Nemours CareConnect technology for online video consultations with Nemours physicians. In this way, specialists at Nemours Children’s Hospital can help deliver the best health care possible to Parrish Medical Center’s pediatric patients.