What to Expect
We make visiting and staying at Nemours Children's Hospital as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Our Welcome Desk, located on the first floor in the main lobby, is your first stop. Here, you will:
- Get a visitor's badge.
- Find hospital maps and directions.
- Request a wheelchair or wagon.
Comforts & Conveniences
- Rooms each have a bathroom and shower
- Care Compass touch-screen tablet outside your child’s room includes you in the care team by sharing important information at a glance
- Two TVs, one is our GetWell:) Network which provides education, communication and entertainment
- For storage there’s a personal safe plus a luggage cubby
- Most rooms are equipped with gaming stations
- Large windows with an outside view
- Changeable lights for kids to “paint” their rooms
- TV-free family lounges for gathering or quiet time
- Child and teen playrooms, including Timmy’s Playroom from the Tim Tebow Foundation
- Washers and dryers
- Rooftop gardens (second and fourth floors)
- Lactation rooms and breastfeeding support
Where to Sleep
- Each patient room has a couch that converts to sleeping accommodations.
- The Ronald McDonald House at Nemours Children’s Hospital provides a home away from home for families to stay together, right next door on our campus.
Note: Certain specialty and intensive care units (e.g., the PICU, NICU and CICU) may have different sleeping accommodations, guidelines and conveniences. Please ask your physician or nurse about amenities available to your family.
- Large, open, indoor-outdoor commons area with natural light
- Second-floor rooftop garden
- Streamlined appointment check-in with self-service kiosks
- Waiting areas with interactive games and kid-friendly activities
- Therapeutic gardens for reflection, discovery and play
- Publix Pharmacy on-site
- Variety of dining and snack options
- Immediate nurse evaluation and escort to exam rooms
- Spacious, private exam rooms with doors, not curtains
- Trained staff and calm environment for kids with autism or sensory issues — Respecting Each Awesome Child Here (REACH) program
- Our award-winning Boo-Boo Care Team
- Most kids are seen by a health care provider within 20–30 minutes
Where to Eat
First floor, near elevators
Daily: Breakfast 7–9:30 a.m. | *Lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Dinner 5–7 p.m. | Late Night 8–11 p.m.
(*Lunch only available until 2 p.m. on weekends.)
Outtakes Quick Cuisine
First floor, behind Welcome desk
Daily: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Where to Play & Rest
These features are open to all patients, families and visitors. There are also play spaces open around the clock for children staying in the hospital.
A “hospital in a garden” with green spaces for healing, respite and therapy.
Outside the Nemours Café
Playful interactive fountains, walking paths and places to relax.
Second & Fourth Floors
Green space and natural surroundings for healing and therapy.
A 1,500-gallon tank maintained by SeaWorld.
First Floor Lobby
Peaceful reflection, prayer and meditation for people of all faiths.
Coping & Support
Hospital Support Teams & Services
Child Life | Ease anxiety through play, therapy and fun activities. Learn More »
Social Work | Help families cope and connect to resources that make life easier. Learn More »
Spiritual Care | Provide spiritual guidance and onsite worship services. Learn More »